26 Aug 2011

A day like no other

Today marks the 8th anniversary of the day that Lily was placed in our arms.
That day is still as clear today as it was 8 years ago. I love reliving it, every second of it. Well, perhaps not the nerves and abject terror that was coursing through my body but everything else. It is the most wonderful day of my life, the day that fulfilled a lifelong dream.
Until that day all I knew was that I wanted to become a mother I really didn't know what being a mother involved. Lily taught me that and because of her I knew I could do it again.
Lily, I love you, everything about you. I would shout it from the roof tops if I could........ but lets face it I am a bit of a klutz and would probably fall off! You made my dreams come true and I thank you from the bottom of my bottom.....(it's bigger than my heart).
Love you forever and ever, all the way to China and back.
mummy.



Tonight we are going to celebrate with a trip to C0ldstone Creamery and then we will traipse down memory lane as we watch Lily's DVD from Gotcha day. It's my all time favourite movie, well Rosie's to of course.

3 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful day to celebrate such an amazing occasion. Look how tiny Lily was...where has the time gone? I hope you enjoy your evening out and your trip down memory lane.

xoxo

Life frome where we are said...

Happy, happy day! Eat lots of ice cream for me too!

Life frome where we are said...

Thanks for the message....I think we will just be seeing high winds & lots of rain. I'm thinking they could be wrong but we always gets lots of drama from the weather people!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails