23 Aug 2011

Let's call the whole thing off

Today was Rosie's second day at school and it was much worse than yesterday. I thought it might be but I silently hoped I would be wrong. I had to wake her up this morning, which wasn't a good thing and no sooner were her eyes open she started to cry. She didn't want to go back to school. She wants to go back to Ms. Maria. Can't blame her for that, that woman was amazing. I laid with her for a few moments consoling her and talking about school and then we got up.
I had to work this morning which meant Daddio was in charge, never a good thing in the mornings, so I made sure everything was ready and set up before I left. She ate her breakfast in tears, she cried like her heart was broken when I left and Jacob called me in the car to tell me she was still crying......but not to worry he could handle it. Urghhh, what is a mother to do?
Since my Father decided this summer that I am an over protective mother I followed my heart, drove to the school and withdrew her for the year. Why would I want to watch her suffer so? She isn't required by law to attend school until next year and I just don't ever want to see her so sad. I gave in to her little games. I went through this last year and even with a therapist things took forever to improve. She can stay home with me and we will fight this battle next year when she is 5.
KIDDING! But that isn't to say that I didn't want to do that.
We even had more tears at the dinner table. She just hates being away from me, her words. She might need me, also her words. I pointed out that she went to school last year and lived to tell about it and that I am always in her heart.
Being the Mother of a child with abandonment and separation issues makes you a mother with a broken heart. It's really awful telling them they have to do something and being so strict when all you can see is the anguish in their faces and the tears running down their cheeks. We have tricks from the therapist that we are still using but this week is not going to go down in mother and child history as a week we want to relive.
I didn't feel like a helicopter Mum today I felt like the cruelest b*tch alive.

7 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

Oh Dawn... I was hoping it would have been better today. I feel so bad for you and Rosie. I'm sure, in time, she will feel comfortable at her new school. Fingers crossed and lots of prayers that she will start to enjoy school once again.

xoxo

Andie said...

I don't know what to say. Sometimes being a mother must be the worst job in the world. I'm sure she'll thank you for it by the time she leaves school! Sending loads of love and best wishes for tomorrow.

Life frome where we are said...

Oh I so feel for you......hang in there!

Catherine said...

(((hugs))

Polar Bear said...

I wish I could give you both a big hug!

Jeanne said...

This is obviously hell for all of you - sending love and hope that things can only get better.

xxxxxxxxx

Briana's Mom said...

Oh my goodness. My heart is breaking for both of you. I would probably be on the verge of pulling her out too. I can't stand to see sweet little girls cry. I am thinking of you!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails