27 Nov 2010

It's That Wonderful Time Of The Year.

Thanksgiving is the official kick off to the holiday season and being able to share this time with 2 little girls makes it even more magical for me than it has ever been. When they see the Christmas trees for sale, or the Santa's that are everywhere their little faces light up and their voices become tiny little shrieks (sometimes big shrieks) and just for a moment they erupt. Yesterday they saw a house in the neighbourhood that was all decorated and they oohed and aahed and pointed things out to each other from the confines of their car seats. And then, of course, they wanted to know when we were putting up our tree. I told them that I just cannot put up a tree until it is December so they will have to wait another week. Were they happy? No, not ever so but they'll make it.

Packages are arriving and Lily knows that they are Christmas gifts for her and her sister. We always open the brown parcels and she sees the pretty paper and bows. Rosie isn't quite so astute yet, she just sees the parcels and then they are gone not to be seen again until Christmas. After her bath this evening Lily asked me if Santa was real. I wasn't really expecting that bubble to be burst yet but that is what happens when you have a really smart kid. When I asked her why she was asking she explained to me that what Santa does is magic and that magic isn't real. Nobody can do all the things that Santa does therefore he can't be real. Logic......it seriously puts a damper on a day. LOL I explained that somethings are beliefs and it is OK to believe and that makes it real. (hmm, I think that is called lying by omission.)

I scooped the girls up early yesterday and we went on an early mission to buy Jacob's present. They thought it was a great adventure and were thrilled when we hit pay dirt. I tried to prepare them for the fact that the shop might be sold out and when it wasn't they gave a little victory dance. With this being a really long weekend I was able to get together with a friend yesterday and we took her 2 nieces and my girls to the movies to see Tangl*d. Great movie, BTW. This might be hard to believe but this was Rosie's first movie house movie. I don't really like going to the cinema. It's super loud and there are no breaks. I don't sit still for that long. I wasn't sure if Rosie would be OK because she really dislikes loud noise. She did really well except for the fact that she kept asking if we could go and see aunt Pammie's dogs yet. Even her enormous bucket of popcorn didn't distract her.


Rosie at the movies. I failed to mention she took a flashlight because she dislikes the dark also. Not the best photo, I think she was saying "cheese"
Lily wishing I would put the camera away so that she could eat her enormous movie sized candy.
Becky, cracking up because I took my camera to the movies!


Once the movie was finished we rushed to Pammies house to see her dogs. Rosie was really happy. She pushed Coco around in a pushchair and thought she was the bees knees. Pam is so patient with them both. I suppose when you have gone to hell and back certain things no longer bother you.
Coco didn't seem to mind at all.


Today I took down and packed away all the Thanksgivng decorations. The girls oohed all over again at the sight of the Christmas decorations but I did not relent. They will have to wait until December. I also went out early this morning and did alittle more Christmas shopping. My list is getting shorter but I still have loads to do. Hopefully Santa can help out with a little magic.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails