28 Nov 2010

Busy Day

It was blazing hot here this morning, blazing hot. The girls and I were outside watering the plants and they basically bailed on me citing heat stroke! I took them into the back garden and let them loose with the hosepipe. Huge amounts of laughs and giggles especially when they filled up a bucket and sat in it, fully clothed. I didn't dare to take my camera outdoors in fear of it getting water logged.

This afternoon after a long time spent playing Wii, where I would like to add, Rosie won at bowling fair and square, (The child got 8 strikes, seriously!) they got their craft on.

Rosie had a homework assignment in which she had to decorate a cardboard cut out of a Christmas tree and Lily made some little people out of pine cones. I don't think I will ever be rid of all the glitter that escaped the table but that's Ok because they had so much fun.

Lily placing the glue so that Rosie could add the embellishments.
She added lots of embellishments.
2 little people. The red bits on the sides are mittens.......I thought they were ears. Lily did a really good job, I think they are cute even if we are now missing a red sock!


While I attempted to clean up the gluey, glittery aftermath the girls got busy and were both very quiet. Once I was done Lily came up to me in a very odd dress up outfit and asked me to follow her.

This is what greeted me:
The bottom line says, own paper required.
Oh the ego!
Here is the Supermodel herself.
Her whole outfit was made out of scarves. It was really good but rather see through so I wouldn't post it. She accessorized with a Juicy purse and pearls.


Rosie and I lined up and both managed to get an autograph. Rosie then tried to go again and was turned away.

I hope your day was filled with as many giggles as mine.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

How fun! Love the crafts. I can't believe it was hot where you are. Even in our temperate climate we barely hit 55 degrees today. Brrrrrrrrr!

Vivian M said...

Great job on the crafts! I especially loved the pine cone people. Cute!

Polar Bear said...

What Fun!!!
LOVE the craft projects!!!

Can you send some heat up here? I've been cold all day!

Maci Miller said...

Oh, Lily the supermodel is adorable! LOL, the things kids come up with. Ruby gets a big kick when I say "your royal highness" or royal anything (like the "royal potty!") LOL. Looks like a super fun day down there with the girls! Love all the crafts! Love the little snow mean. What did you use for the body...cotton balls? In the mood for some crafts up here today.

Anonymous said...

Dawn it looks like you all had a great time. i miss you all so much. Love you Big Sis xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails