28 Aug 2010

A Little Bit of This and That.

Rosie wasn't quite as impressed with school on Thursday. When I arrived to pick her up she was crying, sobbing those big gulpy sobs and sitting in her teachers lap. Ms Maria said she had only just started crying and was really tired. It rained all day so there was no outside play and no painting, all the thins she loved from her previous day. Poor little girl was just not a campy camper. She has now decided that she does not want to go back. Urghh, I dreaded hearing those words but think I may have found a way to make it more appealing. I still think dropping her off on Tuesday will be prove to be heart wrenching for both of us. She did manage to catch a cold and by Thursday afternoon was feeling grotty.

I have a thing about bathrooms, they have to be clean. I am not talking about public toilets, let's not even go there in the interest of public safety but actual bathrooms. If you are going to be using a room with the sole purpose of cleansing yourself then it has to be clean to begin with. I cannot even brush my teeth at a sink in a place where someone else, other than my very own family has spat their toothpaste because I will gag. Yes I know it is really weird. In this house we had new bathrooms when we moved in so i was always fine but in other places where we have lived I never used the bathroom sink.

The caulking in our shower was starting to look, "not so bright and fresh" and it was really bothering me. I come from a long line of do it your-selfers, with my cousin Andie being a fine example. So, I decided to re-do this myself. A few websites, a few U-tube videos and off i went to the DIY store for my supplies. It looked so easy. Fuey! Taking off the old stuff was impossible and I broke the tool especially made for the job within about 4 minutes! So much for a quick job. I resorted to a straight edge razor and at times brute force. Once the old stuff was gone applying the new caulk was a piece of cake and now my shower no longer makes me shudder. I think I will attack the kids bathroom today as theirs could do with some freshening up also.

It has been raining here, alot. I didn't think Lily would have her riding lesson the other day but she did and there were floods and huge puddles everywhere much to Rosie's delight. Lily is now riding some really tough horses but she remains unfazed.
The foals
Rosie touching the foal. It wouldn't come near me.
I love this horse and so does Lily. He isn't fully trained yet but she has no problem on it. She uses double reins for extra control.
Glee!

1 comment:

Maci Miller said...

Hey, we need your kind around here! Come on up and I'll put you to some good work in our bathroom! haha. There was a time I was all about DIY projects but this old house has used up my ambition! I sware the next house is gonna be new with no 300 year old crevices and no special-made, custom, retrofit anything!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails