9 May 2010

Mothers Day

Thank you girls for making this a day that no longer makes me cringe, no longer makes me wonder why me, no longer makes me cry, no longer makes me wonder if I will ever hold a child in my arms and understand the love of a Mother. You have both bought me such happiness and filled my heart with a love that I sometimes think goes beyond human measure.

I understand now why it took so long because this is just how it was supposed to be. You 2 and us. The perfect family. We go together like bread and butter, toast and jam, because you are my heartbeats. You are the chocolate in my life and without you I would not be.

I do find it strange that society dictates that we need a day to honour our parents because I truly believe that every single day is Mothers Day. I revel in both of you. Sometimes we have bad days and I mess up and handle things really terribly but those days are rare. We have fun and can make lemonade out of the worst lemons. We have adventures out of the every day mundane stuff but that is how we do things. Going to the grocery store makes us laugh our goofy heads off.

I love you both and thank you for all the little things. Thank you for making Mothers Day something that we all celebrate together as a family.

Look over your shoulder.....I'll be there.

Mummy.

6 comments:

Tammie said...

Beautiful post Dawn!

Polar Bear said...

Oh My Goodness!!!
I could have written that first paragraph! TEARS!!

Beautiful, amazing post.

Happy Mother's Day!!

Vivian M said...

Drat, I need Tammie's tissues now. Happy Mother's Day!

Maci Miller said...

That's awesome and perfect and oooy gooey wonderful and well said, my friend! You have 2 incredible girls and I'm glad you had a great day. But you are so right...it really is the stuff of EVERY day, isn't it?

Hugs and love from all of us and YES let's plan a get together for this summer. I already told the husband that Ruby & I need to tag along on his next business trip there. WIll stay in Lauderdale near his work but I can rent a car and meet you somewhere half way or heck I can just jump down hwy 1 and come to you!

Lisa (Briana's Mom) said...

This was such a beautiful post! So many things you said I could have said myself! Happy Mommy's Day. :)

Special K said...

From what I can see you are a wonderful mother. Your girls are so happy and you always come up with the best adventures for them. A little late but... Happy Mother's Day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails