15 Jan 2010

Santa Saved The Day.

Yesterday as I was walking out the door to take Lily to her riding lesson I decided NOT to take my camera. Seriously, how many photos of Lily on horses do I need? Add to that, that Rosie is having a love affair with a horse called Tacoma so we have to take a bag of carrots and she wanted to take her camera so that she could take even more photos of him I seriously didn't want to lug anymore stuff with us.

Once we arrived I didn't see anyone about. At first I thought we must have been late as we are starting a new time slot on a different day of the week and sometimes my blond tendencies come front and centre, at full throttle! Not the case however and we were on time. Lily went off to help "catch" the horses and Rosie and I went off to see Tacoma. On our way back we saw Lily's instructor who apologised for running late. This woman gives so much to the kids it makes me laugh when she apologises for running late as she never ends a class on time. One day I think they will bill us all for all the free time we get and then we will all be broke. LOL. Gema appeared particularly frazzled and was running even more than normal. Out of nowhere she decided to let Rosie ride as she had a horse all ready saddled. Of all the days to consciously decide not to take my camera. I was kicking myself so hard. Rosie was on a horse and about to go for a ride I couldn't video it.

Suddenly I remembered Rosie's camera that she had put in the car. She got it from Santa. She has taken zillions of photos with it but I have yet to upload them to the computer so I really don't know how well it works. I had nothing to lose so I ran and grabbed it and started snapping photos and then I also remembered that it has a video feature to it also. With nothing to lose I started to video her mini-lesson. I wasn't sure if either the video or the photos would come out as the LCD display is rather small and the photos always look dreadfully dark in it.

Honestly I think she is way to young to ride. She just bumps along and has no control of her body. In 5 minutes she learnt how to make the horse go, to turn him and how to stop him. I was impressed but when she was trotting she was flopping about like a flailing fish. Of course she now thinks she should be taking lessons also. help me.

In the saddle


Grinning like a Cheshire cat.








Now I am sure alot of bystanders were wondering just what sort of flashy camera equipment I was using and how much money I had to drop to purchase it. Well, rumour has it that Santa found it on sale and paid $17 for it but the usual retail price is around $30. I am guessing I looked rather silly with this pushed up against my face.

Eat your heart out all you camera buffs. LOL

7 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

I'm so glad Rosie brought her camera. Those pictures and video are priceless (and rather good too!). You better watch out... I think you've got another equestrian in the works!

Vivian M said...

LOL! Love the camera, Kerri has something similar and has taken some great photos with it.
Love the grin on her face!

Andie said...

Nice camera!

Liene said...

Not bad for a $17 camera. Sometimes kids can be our saving graces no matter how much more time they spending giving us gray hairs!

Unknown said...

I can't believe it, I've been meaning to see your page for weeks and what a surprise!!!!!!! Woman, I love it :)

Maci Miller said...

Ha ha that camera is hilarious! I'd have love to see you snapping away with that one! Rosie looks ADORABLE and oh so happy on that horse! I'm afraid a cocktail may be in order when she starts riding lessons, too! How tall she has gotten though and so brave! It's incredible!

Polar Bear said...

The camera story is funny!

The smile on Rosie's face is priceless!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails