11 Jan 2010

Silly Wabbit.

With all the cold weather that we have been having I have been dressing the girls in woolly tights. The first time I pulled a pair out for Rosie to wear she looked at them and was most perplexed. After a moment she looked at me and said,"are those knickers with legs or are they funny socks?" I started to laugh. I explained to her that both of her guesses were correct but they were in fact called tights and they would keep her nice and warm. She doesn't like wearing them very much but likes being freezing even less.
Now it appears that tights can double as hats and bunny ears and this phenomenon is spreading throughout this house like wild fire.


Silly hats. They sort of look like Hosedic Jewish children here.




Daddy sprouted wabbit ears.


I think the cold is getting to us.
We have had snow flurries and I had to scrape the ice of my car this morning. I ran back indoors and wrapped Lily in a blanket and let her come outside and help me as I knew she would love it. She did and told me it was just like Nannie and Grandpa's house. She hasn't been to Nannie and Grandpa's house in the winter for at least 3 years but she always refers to it as freezing cold even though the last 2 summers the temps there have been hotter than here and they don't have air conditioning.

5 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

Those pictures are priceless! Our warm weather will be returning very soon. Yeah!

Liene said...

Very, very cute! Never thought about using tights as hats/wabbit ears! We have had a few instances of running around with underwear on the head though!

Vivian M said...

Thanks for the good idea, when I cannot find my winter hat I will just borrow Kerri's tights! :o)

By the way, they DO look like little Jewish girls, lol.

Tammie said...

Love the pics!! The girls really do know how to have fun!

Maci Miller said...

Okay, that is HILARIOUS! Laughed out loud at your post, especially the comments below the pics! Rosie's perception and description of the tights is really cute and funny, too! Hope you get your traditional warm weather back soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails