9 Jan 2010

Words From Rosie.

For a 2 year old, I suppose she is nearly 3 if we want to be exact about this, Rosie has quite the vocabulary and has mastered the English language to her advantage. Here are a few examples that have come out of her mouth in the past few days.

As I was trying, unsuccessfully, to talk her into sleeping in her own bedroom the other evening she looked at me and said, "dis not a very nice woom Mama, let's gib (give) it to cousin Annie". Please tell me how I am supposed to fight the good fight when her sad little face looks at me and she says something like that? I caved and yet again she slept with her sister.

Yesterday lunchtime we were having the usual battle of, one more bite when she looked at me and said."are you happy wiv me Mama?" I fenced this one slightly by saying that I was very happy with Lily because she had eaten all her lunch and I was very happy with Daddy as he had eaten all his lunch but not quite so much with Rosie. With that she looked most disgruntled and piped up. "dat's not very friendly". Where does she get this stuff from and I promise I am not making it up.

One night recently both the girls were in the bath and I went into their rooms to get p.j.s or pull down their beds and was gone for all of 2 minutes. (the girls have a jack and jill bathroom so I wasn't far away so don't get all panicky and give me a lecture on bath time safety as I was technically still in the same room) When I walked back into the bathroom my feet got wet. I looked at the girls and asked who had splashed water all over the floor. This was actually a redundant question as Rosie had a bucket in her hands. Lily pointed to Rosie and Rosie just shouted, "Lily did it". I told them I was going to ask again and I wanted the truth. Silly me, I got the same response. I was actually really upset that Rosie was lying as I didn't know she knew what this was but at the same time it was comical but I did not let on that I found it funny at all. I told them that I was going to walk out of the room, come back in and try again. When I went back, I changed my tactic and pretended to be so happy that the floor was all wet. I said, "oh gosh this is so lovely somebody washed the floor for Mama, who did such a lovely thing? Rosie jumped up and down and shrieked, "I did Mama, I did" to which I replied you are so busted and whipped her out of the tub so fast and gave her a little chittychat about telling the truth. Thankfully she hasn't lied since then even though she has had PLENTY of opportunities!

If you try and tell her something she will stop you half way through and say, "stop talking, it's my turn".

Something tells me that 3 is going to be Rosie's year to be ornery and testy. Two was not a big deal with her but 3 could be the year I take to swigging gin in the middle of the day.


5 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

Oh my is your little one a bit on the spicy side! ;-) I think mine is too! When you ask Liam something like "Would you please go and pick up your toys in your room?". His response will be "No never!". I wonder where he learned this one? Yesterday he came up with another saying that nearly blew my socks off... unfortunately my pea size brain has already deposited it into the trash and I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Once I do I'll have to post about it. I've been a very bad blogger lately....

Vivian M said...

LOL! I feel your pain....Kerri blamed the invisible monsters for everything or the dog, since she does not have a sibling to blame.

Liene said...

It truly is amazing what they will say and what they come up with.

Eriks, now 6, pulls this on us all the time. And now with Emi home, he uses her as a scapegoat. Sometimes it actually the truth. The hardest part is when we're talking to Eriks after he's been in time out and constantly says, "Why don't I ever get to talk!"

I can't wait to see what antics Emi will start pulling once she has hearing aids and starts going through speech therapy.

Tammie said...

I love these conversations! Rosie has quite the sense of humor.

BTW, just what is a Jack & Jill bathroom? Is that some kind of English phrase this American girl hasn't picked up on?

Maci Miller said...

Oh my is she ever funny! How do you keep a straight face? Ruby makes the funniest faces sometimes when she doesn't get her way and I really have to look away to keep myself from laughing! The 2nd tactic with the bathroom is BRILLIANT! I really need to call you for advice more often! (Plus you are pretty fun to talk to, too)! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails