7 Jan 2010

Starting The New Year Off With A Bang

  • Bullets. Sometimes it's the only way to go.
  • 2010 is not really starting out the way I like a new year to to start but I will remain optimistic as it is only the 7th.
  • I parked my car in the parking lot at the JCC on Tuesday. When I left it it was in pristine condition, not so when I returned to it. Did the schmuck that hit me have the decency to leave me a note? Well, no of course not. Arsehat.
  • I clench my teeth, very tightly when I sleep. So tightly that I broke a molar. oopsie. I have a night guard but when I wear it I clench really badly with my front teeth so I alternate nights with and without it. I'm rethinking this plan. Better late than never.
  • We are getting a whole new roof.
  • Have you noticed enormous amounts of $$$$$$$ yet?
  • Remaining optimistic.
  • My brother in law called me today with news that wasn't good. It wasn't the really sh*tty news that they thought they were going to be calling with the week before Christmas but cancer is cancer and it still sucks. BIG TIME.
  • Enough of the mudslide of crap, this year needs to pick it's little self up and start being nicer.
  • It's been really cold here. As much as I love cold weather I have come to a conclusion, Florida is not meant to get cold. We do not have the clothes for it at all. Cotton sweaters do not keep you warm. Yeah for the internet and over night deliveries. The world of Facebook is sick of Florida complaining about the cold. To bad, we have to listen to you whine when it's hot and how people keep dieing from the heat cos they are not used to it. We, are not used to it.
  • Lily went for an eye exam today and passed with flying colours. Now we move onto the next step to find the cause of all her headaches. Nothing to do with her eyes or her vision are the cause.
  • I went shopping today for the girls and stocked them up on warm clothes and long trousers. TCP is having an enormous sale. We really did well.
  • Retail therapy can change ones outlook on a year.
  • Working out your ab muscles after a really long hiatus is like pulling out your fingernails one by one, yet somehow the pain feels good.
  • I am going to think positive thoughts and chase this little black cloud away from me. I really don't want it around anymore.

5 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

Positive thoughts going your way! I just about cringed when you mentioned having to get a new roof. We have an original 40+ yr old one that we are hoping will last for a long time. They are so expensive to replace. Way to go with the ab workout. I need to be doing the same thing. Maybe reading your post will give me a boost of inspiration... ;-)

Vivian M said...

Oy I hope your year starts changing for the better real soon!
Sending you all warm hugs.
Prayers going out to your brother...hope he gets better news soon.

Liene said...

Wow! What a crappy start to your year. I'm hoping it gets better soon. It has to get better. I too am praying for warmth here. It is supposed to get up to 50 by Tuesday here so that has to mean that you in FL should get warmer.

Tammie said...

Yuck. Your year is definitely not starting out on the positive note you had hoped it would.

I wonder why I never thought of overnight shipping somenew toasty clothing. Big "Duh!" to me.

Sending positive vibes your way for your brother & family.

Maci Miller said...

Bumpy starts lead to smooth sailing! I go with the retail therapy bit. Always make me feel better! Hope things get better on all fronts. Especially hope Lily is feeling better soon. I love that she commented on one of my posts! How cute is she?

Now back to retail therapy. Just found a new site I love and you will, too! It's called Stephanie's wonderland and they have gorgeous tutus that are really cheap! Will send you the link. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails