25 Oct 2009

Halloween FCC Gatecrashing Fun.

Today was the day for us to gatecrash our annual FCC Halloween bash again. Notice how brazen I've become I actually call it "our" Halloween Bash. Lori actually handed hubby a business card with all the FCC details on it and made some quip about us joining. Ha ha ha, she knows us better than that. Once we move closer to their 'headquarters" it will be a given but the 50 minute drive just ain't happening for this family of slackers.

Lily decided she wanted to dress as a witch this year which is such a complete change from all of her other very sweet little girl costumes of years past. Sigh, she really is getting big. Until now things like witches scared the pants off of her. Rosie who doesn't have a clue what this day is all about was dressed as a cat and loved it. I painted both of their faces but Rosie wasn't looking so hot by the time we got there as she napped in the car for 10 minutes and sucked her thumb so her little face was rearranged to say the very least. You would have thought I would have taken photos before we left but noooo, of course not. We were so impressed that we were actually ready to leave the house on time that it slipped my mind but have no fear we have at least 5 more Halloween parties to attend so we have plenty of time!

Lily the witch



My little cat face. If you are wondering why this photo is far superior to all the others it's because it was taken by Grace who takes the most amazing photos, and she emailed it to me.



Sort of a group shot.


The DD and Lily. Rosie was meant to be i here to but somehow all I got was her arm...great mother I am. LOL
.

A great time was had by all. The kidlets consumes massive amounts of candy. I don't think Rosie has ever had quite so much and she literally chattered non stop the whole way home and then continued and also skipped and jumped and bounced around for hours until at 7pm she crashed like a lead balloon.

All candy has been hidden and will be rationed, very very strictly cos I never want to see Rosie quite this batty ever again. I let the girls eat sweets but apparently not he kind or the amount they consumed today. They made me look calm and that is quite a feat.

I just have to add how wonderful it was to see Marc and Lori back on the social circuit just days after Marc's heart surgery. She looks very relieved and he looks wonderful. Amazing, just amazing.

3 comments:

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Aww, you brought a tear to my eye my friend..now why did you go and do that?? ;-)

As always, it was so much fun to see you guys and BTW, would you move up here already for goodness sake!!

Kris said...

SO glad you commented as I had lost track of your site yet again!!!

to answer your question, yes, VERY dislocated. it has been since 07. they did a closed repair in china, and then it dislocated again, so she'll need an open repair. the PT said it was pretty severe and not a "typical" dislocation either, as the joint has migrated "up" and is sitting kind of high, and might be part of the reason her left leg is shorter than the right, though not completely.

sorry to leave this all in a comment, i have about 5 dawn's in my email and wasn't sure which address was yours!

Tammie said...

It was wonderful to see you all again last week! Please give Jacob a resounding "Thank you!" yet again for my TR stash. Erin has now hidden them. "'Cause you shouldn't eat too many mama." Lucky for her I found them.

The girls looked absolutely wonderful all dressed up. It's such a treat to see them, & their parents of course.

Now as Lori has said, would you please get yourselves up here!?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails