30 Oct 2009

I Don't Want This Day To End

Those were the words Lily said to me this evening as I was putting her to bed. I on the other hand am exhausted but in many ways don't really want this day to end either because we have had so much fun.

One of my clients wanted to take the girls out on a "business" lunch. Since there was no school today and her store is in Downtown Miami I thought it would be a little more fun if we took the Metro Rail instead of driving there. Not necessarily fun for me cos I think you take your life into your own hands riding that skanky thing but I knew the girls would find it thrilling. So we left the house this morning at around 10.am armed with enough Purell to kill an army of germs and we hopped aboard the train. They were as giddy as 2 little girls can get.

Making them sit still whilst I took this photo nearly killed them.


Enjoying the view and the ride.


More of the same


Once we arrived at the Government Centre we had to find our way to the store. I have driven there countless times but I have no sense of direction and without my car's GPS system I am useless. So we walked and walked and walked for ages until I finally recognised where we were and we reached our destination. How the girls didn't have a meltdown I have no idea because it was blisteringly hot. Once we met Sandy she gave them each a Jack-O-Lantern filled and I mean
filled with stuff. Not just candy but all sorts of wonderful Halloween fun and then we headed to lunch. We arrived at a very crowded Italian restaurant where a table magically became available to us. (it must be nice to have connections) The girls loved having lunch with her. Everything was done especially for them. Nothing was served in the usual portions, everything was made for them and not from the menu the whole lunch was fabulous and thankfully both girls were really well behaved using their best manners. Mummy was really proud of them.

Rosie snapped this shot.


Lily drooling into her dessert. I have to say it was heavenly.


After lunch we walked back to the store and both girls were given necklaces which I may have to pry off of them because I am sure they will never take them off willingly. They strutted about like little starlets for the rest of the day! From there we went to a wholesale bead store to buy bracelets and necklaces for Lily's teachers for the holidays. I was in heaven. I don't even remember the name of this place and I know that it isn't somewhere you just notice from the street cos we entered a building and went up some stairs and down a hallway. Lily designed her own necklaces for her teachers and they are gorgeous. She choose ribbons for some of the necklaces and they look really nice, so nice in fact I had to make one for myself.

By now it is 3ish and Rosie hasn't napped but she isn't at all bothered and is keeping up with us and not complaining but it was time for us to bid Sandy farewell so that we could head home and get ready for part 2 of the day, a birthday party. As we were leaving, Sandy's hubby told me to take the Metro Mover back to Government Centre. Say what? We don't have to walk? So we took another kind of train. Holy smoke the kids were in train heaven!

This is fun Mummy and there aren't any seats. Can we dance around these poles? Hmmm, let me think. said the mummy, pole dancing? Hell NO!



I need to add here that I really do have the most wonderful clients. When Lily first came home I decided to cut my hours back to the bare bones which meant saying good bye to many of them. At that point I had a client list that read like a who's who. I had professional athletes, actors you name it and I also had a waiting list that went on and on. When it came to crunch time I knew exactly who I was staying with and these people are still with me today. Some are business people some are retired but all of them are kind sweet and in their own way a superstar.
We arrived back at the car around 4.00pm, I think and had to be at a party by 5 so we just headed to Target and picked up what we needed. Rosie slept on the Metro Rail for a few minutes and didn't wake up when I moved her to her car seat or back into her pushchair at Target. We raced to Erics house and got there just a few fashionable minutes late! I have no idea how the kidlets managed to keep going all day but they did and they remained happy go lucky all day too. Both of them had a wonderful time at the party and Rosie had a great time with her little friend Bianca.



Getting ready to blow out the candles.




It really was a wonderful day and the girls were just great. I am sure that I will regret this tomorrow cos they went to bed so late and tomorrow is another big and busy day for them but Rosie will take a nap tomorrow and they only get to live each day once! I have more thing to say....G'night!


Oh and this new larger print size...I am tired of having to wear glasses to read my own blog.

3 comments:

Tammie said...

What a special day!

Have you & Jacob taken the girls to the Gold Coast Railroad Museum yet? It's right by the entrance to the Metro Zoo. They have some awesome trains there. David & I are going to take Erin again. She loves trains as much as we both do.

Special K said...

Sounds like a fabulous day that they'll remember for a long time. That's what makes it worth it.

But I did give a little snort to that pole dancing line. LOL!

3D said...

What a great, fun filled day!

Keep smilin!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails