1 Nov 2009

Halloween.

My beautiful and not scary witch.


My pretty Kitty


My trick or treaters


Lily was quite sure about what she wanted to do this year for Halloween so I followed her lead. First we went to visit some friends and then we went Trick or Treating in the neighbourhood tot he houses we know. Once we were done with this the plan was to set up a table and chairs in the driveway and give out candy to the kids that came by. Everything was going swimmingly until we set up camp outside our house with our pumpkins and flashlights etc. Some of the people that walked passed scared the pants off of them. Heck they even scared me. Why do boys have to wear such frightening attire. I understand that it's Halloween but seriously this stuff was the stuff of "R" rated horror movies. Even some of the parents were dressed in really frightening costumes and they were trying to scare the kids....asshats! We left our treats outside and took refuge in the safety of our bed!
Jacob was really mad when I told him about it...nobody messes with his girlies. One guy tried to touch both girls and was wearing the most awful costume with a mask and gloves. I am surprised either one of them slept a wink last night.

Oh well, next year we will rethink our Halloween. The girls had fun just not with the "scary man" as Rosie called him.

6 comments:

Polar Bear said...

How awful someone would try and touch the girls dressed like that!! I don't understand some costumes even the little kids wear. What happen to pumpkins, ghosts, and cowboys? Not all of this crazy, gory junk!

I can't believe how 'mature' Miss L looks in that first picture. When I opened your blog I first questioned who that was. Wow!

The girls looked adorable!!

Joannah said...

People are so stupid and selfish. Why anyone would want to frighten innocent little girls (or boys) is beyond me! And, I too, am really disturbed by the gruesome costumes little boys are allowed to wear. What are people thinking?

Your little witch and kitty cat are super cute. I would have given them all my candy last night!

:-)

Tammie said...

Your girls looked fantastic!! Nothing scary about that witch & kitty cat at all!

I don't understand the need that so many people have in wanting to scare others. We have gone way past the ghosts & ghouls of our childhood. It's so unnecessary to scare children. And to try & touch someone else's child!? Totally uncalled for.

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

What a stupid and terrible thing to do...ugh!

The girls look so cute but that first pic of Lily took my breath away!!

Vivian M said...

The girls looked great! Halloween is the holiday that frightens me the most. There are just too many sick people in the world. We usually throw out most of Kerri's treats and replace them with our own. Better safe than sorry.

Maci Miller said...

Never saw this one. They are so gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails