3 Nov 2009

National Blog Posting Month.

Well lookie who's a day late and a dollar short on this one. I am supposed to blog every single day this month which wouldn't be a bad idea and considering it is also National Adoption Awareness Month I should have plenty to blog about. Oh how I wish I had saved all those blog posts from a couple of weeks ago until now.

As you may know I am trying to convince Rosie that it is time to give up her diapers and start wearing knickers. It really is a hard battle and one that I am not doing well with. On Sunday I showed her the drawer where I keep here diapers and showed her that it was empty and the only thing in it were her brand new, never worn, Elmo knickers. She looked at it and very wide eyed and I explained that we had no more diapers. She spun around and ran to her closet and pulled out the diapers that she wears at night. I put her in bigger diapers at night. I went on to explain they were her night-night diapers and she couldn't wear those in the day time.

She looked at me and said, "Dat's okay Mummy I wear my knick-ers and just pee-pee in dem". Cocky little devil!

Fast forward to this morning after school. I changed her diaper and reminded her that when this box of diapers is gone there WILL NOT be any more. She again just looked and me only this time she said, "if I don't have diaper I do pee-pee on da floor Mummy".

Everybody tells me that kids never go to college in diapers and to this I say...there is a first time for everything!

5 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

You have yourself a very smart little one! Good luck! I'll be wearing your shoes in the next month. My little one can care less about going in the potty. Oh the joy of motherhood! ;o)

dawn said...

Dear anon
thank you so much for your unwanted spam comment pushing E.D. meds on my blog. We don't actually require them so I deleted your advertisement and will do so again. Seriously you are wasting your time with me. Now toddle off some where else before you piss me off!
Thank you.
Management.

Tammie said...

Okay. First off. Don't you hate those anonymous commentators? They are so gutless IMO.

Anyway, on to your oh so cute little flower who I absolutely totally adore. :-)

Rosie will do fine. When she's ready. Erin didn't potty train for a long time. My friend who took care of her for us, started the nasty job of taking her to a potty when she was 18 months old. I was of the opinion that I would change diapers till I die without a problem. I truly miss that bonding time. (Hey! I never said I would be normal.) A

Anyway, all that said, Erin was fully potty trained by the time she was 4. She turned 4 at the end of July & started VPK at the end of August. No diapers.

Rosie will do it when she's ready.

Polar Bear said...

You have one clever little girl there!! The peepee on the floor comment was hilarious!!! She's clever, very clever!! :o)

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

She is quite a pistol!! I think you should call her bluff and remove her knickers..LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails