6 Oct 2009

A Good Bye Post

This post is dedicated to saying good bye.

First and foremost yet again we say bye bye to Andie who headed back to Afghanistan on Monday to care for the wounded soldiers. Take care Andie and we hope this time you get to Skype us. Send me your address ASAP the girls are anxious to send you things, they want to go shopping at the chinese shop for you...ha ha ha.

Next up...drumroll please: we know longer have a crib in our house. Rosie has transitioned into a big bed or as she still insists on calling it, "a to-to bed" Bye bye crib! She thinks it has gone to Jenny's baby Danielle. Without any fanfare Lily and I just decided to take it down on Sunday morning and put her big bed together with all the frilly sheets and pillows and she was fine with it. In fact she napped that day for her longest nap ever and we ended having to wake her up after 2 hours and 45 minutes cos we needed to get ready to go out. Sunday evening didn't go so well for her. She went to bed in it but ended up in our bed but we think it is because of something that happened that day but last night was a charm and all naps have been fine. Throw salt over my shoulder, cross my fingers and pay uncle Howards Rabbi. Talking of Uncle Howard, I actually met him but that part comes next. And I still havn't met his Rabbi!

My final good bye is this: good bye to all the bad luck that has been haunting my dear friends the Weinstocks. On Sunday evening we went to a fabulous, and that is an understatement, fundraiser to raise money to cover the cost of Marc's medical bills for his upcoming heart surgery. We had a blast. The kidlets were all taken care of by some really lovely girls in a separate room and we big kids had a night at the races. I met Lori's father there and it was so odd because I feel as if I have known that man for years but in fact we have never met, he is such a nice gentleman and in these parts gentlemen are few and far between. I have met Lori's mum before but only once but I feel like I know her too. Truly a lovely family. Both sides of the family are just lovely and they deserve for this black cloud to go away so, BYE BYE already.
Dear Gawd was it ever fun and I hope they raised loads and loads of cash cos they truly deserve it. Bye bye wonky heart and HELLO good times for Marc, Lori and the DD.

These are some photos of the hubby and I which I snagged from Lori. As you can see Jakey and I are always very subdued.





Behaving ourselves for one second!

4 comments:

April said...

Okay, so the title sent panic running through my veins! I'm so relieved that this post turned out much better than I was thinking it would in the beginning. Now I need to go put my feet up and hope my heart holds out. :-)

Vivian M said...

Good bye to the crib! Yay! Rosie is a big girl now! (Sniff).

And I heard you guys were really into the races. (Smirk).

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

oh my gosh.. I thought by that title you were shutting down the blog. Of course, I shouldn't say anything because I rarely blog anymore but.. I don't want to loose touch with you guys

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Rosie is a big girl and Lily is so grown...I agree..sniff!

We love you guys and will happily say goodbye to all of this crazy mess. Thanks for being a part of such a special evening. It meant the world to us.

This past week has been a whirlwind in preparation so I am doing one last look at what my friends are saying before we hit the road. My mom and dad were touched by your kind words.

xxx's and ooo's to all of you!
Love
Us

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails