11 Jul 2009

How Big? So Big

Both of the girlies had mile stone days today.
Lily had her first ride out during her riding lesson. This means instead of staying at the ranch they actually went out on the road. She has so many make up lessons that she has to take and her usual instructor is taking a bereavement sabbatical which leaves Lily taking lessons with the owner. I thought her regular instructor was good but this woman has bowled us over. This week alone Lily has learnt more than in the past 12 months. She even got to wash a horse 2 days ago. I have photos but they are all on my phone and I have just torn the house upside down looking for the cord and I can't find it so I fear I may have pitched it in one of my many cleaning frenzies as we typically keep all the cords together in one place.
When we arrived at the ranch Hema pulled Lily and another little girl aside and asked if they could keep a secret. Lily looked very sheepish and said she could. Hema then sprung the news on them that they would be riding out. Lily nearly exploded. She saddled up in record time and did everything she was asked without question or being told twice. She then poured water over her head as she was instructed to do even though she thought that was very odd and proceeded to mount her horse.
We were asked to wait five minutes before following them so that they could be given concise instructions without distractions so Rosie and I sat down and watched them ride out of the gates. After a few minutes we leapt in the car to follow them from a safe distance. I was a little ticked off to see the other kids father hadn't waited and he was tailing them so I really couldn't see to well. As my father put it, "there is always at least one prat in every group! Since we live in this neighbourhood I took a few detours and met them coming the other way and pulled over so that we could watch them ride by. Lily was beaming. she was so proud of herself. I pulled out behind the other car and after a few minutes I detoured again only this time I lost them. (good thing I wasn't a detective) After a few panicky minutes of me tearing up and down streets I spotted them and we did the same thing again. At one point Lily's horse didn't want to stop at a stop sign and I watched her fight with him and I am happy to report that she won. It is always better when she has no idea I am about as I get to see her perform at her best instead of trying to put on a show for me. She had a really wonderful time and I loved every minute of it too. Well not the few minutes when I couldn't actually see her!

What was Rosie's big moment? She is having a sleepover tonight. Don't worry, I have not lost my mind she is sleeping in Lily's room with her. I put the trundle bed up, or tooty bed as they call it, and they are sleeping together. Rosie isn't in a bed yet so I am not sure how things will work out but time will tell. It has been 45 minutes and all is well so far. I have a bed rail from One Step a Head that I have put on as a safety measure so at least she won't go thump in the night.



SInce both the girlies are in bed rather early I am off to enjoy my freedom...what to do, what to do ??????????

4 comments:

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

I can see the pride just beaming from the pages :0) for both the girls!

Andie said...

It's a good job Jacob wasn't following the horses with Garmin, there's no telling where he would have ended up!

Maci Miller said...

Aw, so awesome for Lily! Tell her Jen said "You go girlie!" I can't wait to see the pics of her beaming on her horse. So cool that the owner is teaching her, too. What great training! So wonderful an experience for Lily. And how cute that shot is and that they are sleeping side by side. Now if only you don't wake them up by peaking at them and sneaking shots all night. :-)

Vivian M said...

what to do? Eat chocolate!

Glad you are back safe and sound! I am trying to catch up, but justed wanted to let you know we miss you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails