10 May 2009

Mothers Day

LEGACY OF AN ADOPTED CHILD

 Once there were two women who never knew each other,
 One you do not remember, the other you call Mother,
Two different lives shaped to make you one,
One became your guiding star, the other became your sun,
The first one gave you life, and the second taught you to live it,
The first gave you a need for love, the second was there to give it,
One gave you a nationality, the other gave you a name,
One gave you a talent, the other gave you aim,
One gave you emotions, the other calmed your fears,
One saw your first sweet smile, the other dried your tears,
One made an adoption plan, that was all that she could do,
The other prayed for a child, and God led her straight to you. 
Now, which of these two women, Are you the product of? 
Both, my darling, Both, Just two different types of love.

---- Unknown




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi its me i finally read your blog you do a fantastic job and i love the girls its to bad you do not get them involved in any activities ha ha i copied the legacy of an adopted child i know dr. curtins daughter would love to see it as you know she has 2 children fron korea see you soon let me know if you get this love to all auntie fran

Maci Miller said...

I LOVE this poem! My Mom got me the book that it is now part of. Really great book called Motherbridge of Love and has beautiful illustrations.

And I'm so glad your comments are back up! So sorry you had to deal with rude comments from someone. Been meaning to write you and tell you but can't find your new email. Or rather I can't remember what it is! Losing my memory at 40! Not a good sign! :-)

Tammie said...

Okay. Now you've done it! I have managed to keep the tears away. I didn't cry on my mom's birthday. I managed to keep them away on Mother's Day. And now you've made them fall. This is one of my favorite poems. It always makes me cry.

(Lori, will remind you that it is really easy to do that.)

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day !!! Wow.. when one is gone from blogger for a few days, it's hard to catch up.

Sounds like things are going great! Maddy and I are headed back down to Cincy Childrens today with regards to her scarring. She is keloiding again pretty badly and I've been doing massage but I have a feeling not hard enough because it hurts her so. :0(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails