6 May 2009

Random Yipping.

  • Rosie has decided that she wants to be potty trained. She is doing this all herself as I am in no rush as we only have another month before we go away and vacations equal lots of planes, car trips and public bathrooms...yuck! I am hoping it is a faze.
  • Rosie is talking a mile a minute (now that makes 2 of them) and she speaks really clearly but one word that she messes up is this one, squiggle (squirrel). She loves squiggles and squeals when she sees them and each time she says it I crack up.  She really likes their fluff-oo tails.
  • Rosie is still petrified of the vacuum cleaner. The other day she was being a real pill and I told her that if she didn't stop I was going to get the Hoover out. She totally freaked out and started to cry and begged me not to Hoover her up.  I felt really bad and explained until I was blue in the face that there was no possible way that she would fit up the Hoover but she still isn't buying it and every time she sees it she freaks out. Oh dear. She does however love her little hoover that is the exactly the same as mine and really works.
  • Every day when Lily comes out of school Rosie runs up to her with her arms out stretched to give her a hug. It gives me the fuzzies.
  • Lily is our little brainiac and just made the principles honor roll for the  3rd grading period in a row. 
  • Lily has now reached the point when she rides a horse that she can gallop without stirrups and actually manages to look as if she is part of the horse. No more of the bouncing all over the place and hanging on for dear life antics. She has found her style and it is really quite graceful. Graceful isn't a word easily associated with Lily ;0)
  • This has not been Lily's favourite year at school. She doesn't think her teacher is very nice and I can't say that I am very impressed with her either. When a teacher of a 1st grade class makes this statement:"my first grade class last year was much better than you", I think she is really thoughtless. We have taught Lily to deal with her and when she makes these ridiculous statements Lily usually makes one right back to her but keeps it inside her head. 
  • Lily has a wonderful sense of humor and is now seeing things as funny that are well beyond her years. The other day she came home and said, "My teacher was actually funny today, she called herself nice!" Now that is pretty darned smart for a 6 yr old.
  • The girls fight like cats and dogs but they can also play harmoniously for hours and hours.
  • Lily can be really bossy and the other day Rose came onto the kitchen and told me that she was going  into the naughty corner. When I asked her why she told me that Lily had sent her there.  Poor kid. I quickly resolved that one and told Lily that was not her jurisdiction. 
  • Top0max still rocks.
  • Jacob bumped Rosie on the head accidentally with the camera the other day, very lightly. Ever since then Rosie keeps saying, "Daddy hurt Rosie". Talk about a guilt trip. 
  • That is it for this wonderfully exciting installment.

4 comments:

April said...

Are you coming our way for your vacation? Oh I hope so. Now back to reading. :-)

Tammie said...

I always love to hear your random thoughts. The girls are simply amazing.

Maci Miller said...

Good random stuff there! I love hearing it all!

Vivian M said...

Wow, amazing updates! It's even more amazing when you look back a year or two from now and read them again. Your girls are growing so fast!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails