3 May 2009

Bad Parents, Laughing at little Ro-ree

We had such a silly day today. We had no plans at all and the girls spent the morning painting and then they took all of the petals off of my very droopy roses and added some water to them in a bowl and made perfume. It wasn't long before they realised that the water had gone pink so we added strips of an old t-shirt for them to dye. Then they got very complex and started tie-dyeing the strips. Wet, fragranced fun and they had a blast.

After a quick Bent0 lunch ( more on that later) we put the bike rack on the car and headed to our favourite park to feed the ducks. There are never any ducks there anymore just Ibis and they are so friendly The girls love feeding them so every single time I open a new package of bread I have to keep the crusts in a special container in the freezer so that we always have ducks yummies at the ready. Even Rosie is brave enough to participate now.






I love black and whites



I Love this photo


Rosie took this photo. She took lots of others but none that came out very well.


After we spent a good amount of time sitting there feeding the birds we rode all around the park and ended up at the playground and this is the part of the post that matches the title! Now don't go and get all upset with us I am sure all of you do these sorts of things sometimes. Well, perhaps you don't but it was so darned funny there will be no stopping us now! And just in case you are worried, Rosie loved the ride and went on it again and again and went on it prior to me taping her. I wouldn't have done it if she didn't like it. She went a bit to fast the final time and scared her little self silly...poor thing,

5 comments:

Special K said...

Why there you are! I've missed you guys. And no.. I didn't know you were blogging again. I missed this somehow. But adding you to my bloglines directly. :)

Tammie said...

Oh my goodness! The pictures are wonderful. I'll admit my faves are the B&W of Jacob & Rosie & the color of Jacob & Lily.

I think Rosie had a blast on her spinning ride. Her friend Erin loves things like that.

Maci Miller said...

LOL, that video is hilarious! Good one! And the pics, of course, are gorgeous! Sounds like such a lovely day!

Vivian M said...

I got dizzy watching that! I love the pictures.

SoyJoyChina said...

Hi Dawn,
I found you thru Melissa's blog. We are both waiting via GWCA for our TAs to pick up our girls. I saw that you said you were from Miami and while I was visiting your blog, I noticed that these pictures look like Coral Reef Park? Are you that close? I live in Palmetto Bay! OH, and I see a comment from Tammie from the FCC south Florida group. Do you meet with families here in Miami too?
I look forward to meeting you and your gorgeous girls! They are both so adorable!! Here is my blog www.soyjoychina.blogspot.com
Sandra

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails