2 May 2009

Ladybug Sighting



Yesterday we came home to find that UPS had delivered a box during our absence. I was expecting it as Jacob had warned me of it's impending arrival but I hadn't said a word to Lily. Many, if not most, of the the packages that are delivered here are for the girls so when Lily saw it she bolted straight for it and was quite disappointed to see it was addressed to Jacob. She then saw that it had holes in the side and started to read what was printed on the outside. Dear Lawd, the shriek of delight nearly blew out my eardrums.

We are having a problem with aphids on our gardenia bush so Jacob sat at the computer very late one night after returning from work and ordered ladybugs to take care of the problem. He told me the next morning and quite honestly I didn't believe him. I really thought he was joking but I found out yesterday that he was serious.

Lily was really excited and immediately rang him at work to ask what she should do with them and he told her, most emphatically, to leave them alone until the morning and then and only then, they would set them all free. He then spoke to me and said he felt we would be getting up very early in the morning.  Lily spent the rest of the evening shoving her eyeball up really close to the air holes and talking to them...oddball.

The rest of the story needs no narrator. We were woken up at some awful time by a  child who was desperate to see a boxful of ladybugs and set them free. After breakfast, with the girls still in their jimjams we went outside and set the buglets free. I don't mind ladybugs, I think they are the only bugs that don't give me the willies but I was a tad skeptical about a whole box full...eeeek. Lily was in heaven and I even managed to get Rosie to hold one on her finger and she ended up really liking it. I did video the shenanigans but as usual it won't upload. however this is just a minor glitch as we have a new computer and other videos are uploading so things will be back to normal very soon.




1 comment:

Tammie said...

Oh! I am so happy that you blogged this. Jacob told me the other morning about the ladybugs. It really is neat.

David & I have done this with butterlies as they are Erin's special passion.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails