6 Nov 2008

Tally Ho

I haven't posted any photos of Lily riding lately and she has really improved. Tonight she got to ride her favourite horse, Marquesa. She is so natural on horses and tonight her instructor and I talked about entering her into a competition. She has to be 7 to in order to qualify so Frenchie is starting to groom her now. Yikes, I have a feeling I am about to be increasing my rates!

Smiley, Happy Lily

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Warming Up

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


This is when Lily really enjoys herself: Tally Ho

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Rosie, as you are quite aware, is afraid of her own shadow. She loves to wander around all the animals at the farm but she just won't touch them. Tonight before we left I talked to her about that and asked her if she thought she might be able to touch a horse tonight. She bebopped out of the car and ran behind Lily over to the horses. Once Lily was situated and feeding Marquesa her carrot I picked Rosie up and walked her over to Latin Fire, possibly the most docile horse in the world, and she reached out and stroked her muzzle. Then she touched her neck and was very proud of herself. I think we are getting somewhere. The biggest shock of all came when Frenchie picked her up and held her for about 3 minutes. I pretended not to notice because I knew if Rose saw me looking she would motion to come back to me.

Rosie has been very slow to warm up to people. I have one child who is an extrovert and one who is an introvert, at least for now. She is making progress and we do not push her. She needs to find her feet in her own time. She always has a lot more nerve if her big sister is with her but I think that is just because she wants to emulate her. We see changes in her on a daily basis and she truly is getting brave. Now when we are at the play group on Wednesdays she takes off and plays either by herself or with the big kids. She barely even looks to check I am still there.

This is what Rosie Posie got up to today whilst Lily was riding. She finds it very funny when the horses chomp on their bits or just move their lips.
If you are quick enough you can just catch the fat part of her lip from yesterdays escapade with the tile.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


After an hour or so on the farm (excuse me, I mean the Equine Academy) they need a bath!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Did I mention she likes to emulate her sister?

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

2 comments:

Vivian M said...

Lily is doing great, that's a pretty big horse to handle and she seems very comfortable up there! And of course Rosie wants to emulate Lily, just wait until the teenage years hit.

Andie said...

That looks really scary when Lily rides so fast. I love Rosie's horse impression, she has so many teeth now, she looks much less goofy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails