13 May 2008

China Needs Our Help.

All of our sons and daughters from China are Goodwill Ambassadors. They change lives for the better on a daily basis. They don't know that they are doing it but they bring people together, not just the families they are creating but the friendships that are forged from their love, the people that we meet because of them. All of us have something in common and that common thread is The Peoples Republic of China.

If you are reading this you are probably somehow tied to a Chinese adoptee. You possibly have a greater interest in Peoples Republic of China than in any country other than your own. When we were waiting for both of our girls my heart would skip a beat when the President would say or do something derogatory towards the Chinese officials. When people make hateful comments about China I cringe, and often not very quietly. Somewhere in that vast land are 2 women ( and two men for that matter) that carried and delivered my girls for me because I could not. Somewhere in that vast country is a little part of me. I left it behind each time I stepped on a plane to bring one of the girls home. It isn't a large part of me, it is just a flutter but it is there, there in the birthplace of Lily and Rose.

Now that little flutter of mine is hurting, hurting very deeply. The earthquake that crippled Sichuan Province has left ten's of thousands dead and many more missing. I personally know people from this Province and it breaks my heart. Families have been shattered, children and babies are missing, mothers and fathers will never come home again and so many lives will remain forever broken. Many organisations have jumped into action to help but they need more help and that is where we come in. I am asking you, yet again, to give up your Star*bucks coffee for a week or empty out your change jars and send that cash to Half The Sky. Click on the link to find out how you can help. Every single penny helps.

The Chinese people are simple people, they do not ask for much. They would rather give than receive. They work hard, very hard and receive very little compensation, their top priority is their family. Perhaps you do not agree with some of their policies but the people don't make those laws the government does. If you can help please do. Somewhere, somehow you will be helping our children. Somewhere, somehow a little part of me will be comforted, knowing that I have done all that I can.

How can you turn your back on this?

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Thank you.

3 comments:

Tammie said...

Dawn,

You are a truly eloquent writer. I could not have said it better.

Nikki said...

It is certainly heartbreaking, Dawn.
And, I certainly could NOT resist that...those 2 are simply wonderful.
Love the sweet pic.

April said...

I am thanking every one who has said what I have been unable to say. I love such a love for the Chinese people and I am heartbroken over yet again another tragedy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails