10 May 2008

Sick, Sick and Sick

Three of the four members of this household are sick. First Jacob got it and he passed it to Rosie and then she passed it on too Lily. Jacob and Rosie are feeling much better but Lily is sick, sick, sick. I think having poorly children is the worst thing ever.(actually when Jacob is sick it isn't exactly a walk in the park but that is because he is a man!)

I took Rose to the Dr on Thursday because she has been running a fever on and off and she has an ear infection. The pediatrician said she cannot believe all the changes in Rose and she loves the fact that she is so attached to Jacob and I and so very affectionate. We love it too. Rose now weighs 17.8 lbs which means she has gained 1.8 lbs since we bought her home. Of course it is obvious that she is not going to weigh 25lbs by her surgery date in August so it will be postponed. We need to go back to the cardiologist because Rosie's lips have been turning blue. Not often and not for long but she has been doing it and her condition should not make this happen so Barbara wants us to go back to see him because it is possible that due to the fact that she has had a rapid growth spurt and weight gain in a very short amount of time it could be taxing her little ticker. In China it took Rosie 4 months to gain 1.5 lbs. When she has these episodes her breathing remains the same, her activity level doesn't change and she doesn't appear any different at all. I watch her like a hawk for the few minutes that it lasts and then we carry on as normal. I really don't think it is anything. The first time it happened she had just got out of the bath so I guessed she was chilly but now it just happens and this is Florida and it is in the high 80's so she isn't cold. Because her ped' is a friend she called me on Thursday evening to see how Rose was feeling and we got to chatting about Lily and how Lily just doesn't get sick. (yes, those words came out of my mouth) Not even 24 hours later Lily was down for the count and missed school for the first time this year cos she was poorly.I know she was sick in China but that was different that was just some bad ju-ju.

Before this family started dropping like flies we had all sorts of fun.
There is a reason why we have so many picnics! Rose tends to wear her food.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Emergency clean up following Lunch

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



These swimming cossies arrived in the mail last week from Nannis. They are gorgeous.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


2 fluffy little bottoms

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


This is what happens when you put Miss Rosie down.....every single time.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Tomorrow is Mothers day but I think it should be called Children's day because without them we wouldn't be able to celebrate. I love to pack everyone off to the beach on Mothers day and spend the day together there. This year though we will be staying put because of Lily. Maybe if I cross my fingers and click my heels together she will be better tomorrow or at the very least her fever will be down ......at least under 100.5, that's all I ask for.

Lily made me a cake at school. It is a heart shape and has at least 2 inches of sprinkles and jimmies, and icing on....I love it. She is so proud of it. She came out of school carrying it and made me turn around so I wouldn't see it until Sunday, this was Thursday. I ran to the front door and unlocked it when we got home and she hustled her way in and put it in the fridge. About an hour later she said she couldn't "resist" giving it to me now so she did! Thank you Schnoog, I love it.

Jacobs gift to me this year is turning this blog into a book. I came across
this site on another blog and instantly new I wanted to do it so Jacob took charge and it is going to be done. That is why if you have bloglines my blog has been going bonkers cos I have been editing. I just need to get a decent photo of the 4 of us and then I am ready to have it published. If all the family could please get well we could perhaps take a photo.

Jacob said he felt bad that it wouldn't be a surprise and that I was doing all of the legwork but I told him I don't care. When the doorbell rang today I was really surprised to be handed a box of long stemmed pink roses and Calla Lillies. Lillies and Roses.....damned he is good. I think this is the trademark gift for me and if he repeats every year from now on I shall have a very happy heart. They are breathtakingly beautiful, just like my girls. Thank you so much Jakey, I love you.

For many of us Mothers day is a horrid day. It cuts to the core. If you are still waiting you are already a mummy. You became a Mummy the second you sent in your dossier. I know that doesn't ease any pain and you are entitled to feel hurt but your babies are coming and your day will come too.

10 comments:

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Happy Mother's Day to you my friend. I hope that Lily is much better in the AM and that you get to the bottom of Rosie's blue lips. The girls look wonderful and oh so happy. Sorry that I have been quiet but things have been very tough in my work life lately and I have been a bit blue about it all. Other than tht life is good.

Huge hugs to you mama!
Lori

Nikki said...

Oh Dawn, I do hope that Lily is feeling better by tomorrow, poor thing. I will also keep sweet Rose in my prayers - keep us posted, please.

Now, I love the happy pics taken before the illness hit-the girls are almost toooooo cute to handle when they are together, aren't they!? Love the matching baithing suits!

I am so happy you showed me the book my blog site - I will definitely be asking for this for my birthday!!!!

Jakey is a keeper...love the sweet, thoughtful flowers he gave ya.

Happy Mom's Day to you.

Kris said...

Sorry everyone is sick, and I hope Rosie's blue episodes are nothing too serious, please keep us posted.

And you are SO right, it should be called children's day! But, Happy Mother's Day to you!

Vivian M said...

Happy Mother's Day! Hope everyone gets well soon.
Love the blog book idea!
Huge hugs!!

Briana's Mom said...

I hope everyone feels much better soon! Happy Mummy's Day!

Tammie said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!

I'm hoping that Lily got better so that you could enjoy a picnic at the beach. It truly is odd to hear that she is sick.

Please do let Rose's fans know how she's doing. Blue is a fabulous color - just not on lips (or in my case on hands).

Jacob is quite the romantic! Turning your blog into a book - even if you are doing the legwork - is an awesome gift, truly thoughtful. And the flowers, where are the pics!?

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

Happy Mother's Day Dawn!

I'll be very interested to hear what your cardiologist says about the blue lips. Maddy has done this about 4 times now. (twice when in/out of the tub) and our cardiologist says it has nothing to do with her heart. of course, he had no idea what could be causing it either. A friend of mine, whose daughter is also a heart baby from china, says her doctor told her that some children just do this. He called it "swimmers syndrome". Like a child whose lips turn blue when they've been in cold wather for awhile. We have noticed that when Maddy runs a high fever, her feet as ICE cold and her hands are usually cool as well. (odd)

Judy said...

Happy Mother's Day! Sorry to hear the girls aren't feeling well. They sure look pretty darn cute though.

Judy

April said...

Happy Mum's Day! I'm sorry about the sickness that is in your home. I hope your day turned out to be better than expected.

The bathing suites are so adorable. They are perfect.

Jakey just knows the right thing to give doesn't he. :-) He's a wonderful hubby.

I am so happy that I am finally a Mummy even if I don't have my little girl in my arms. Soon...very soon.

Andie said...

Happy Mothers Day, sorry I'm late. I love the swimming costumes they look great. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.
I can't believe how Rosie's hair has grown so much too!Bye for now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails