8 Apr 2008

Life Is Wonderful

I truly didn't know what to expect with 2 children. Every one felt it necessary to keep on telling me that I would be so busy and two children wasn't twice as hard but it was 10 times as hard. It isn't. I don't have a newborn who is totally helpless and I don't have a 2-3 yr old sibling. I have a 14 month old who is her own little person already and a nearly 6 year old ( yikes how can she be nearly 6?) who loves to help and is utterly besotted by her sister. Life is wonderful.

Rosie is beautiful and she loves to have fun. When we bought her home she was very small, very skinny and very, very weak but that is all changing. The Weasel can now crawl to the top of the stairs which was something I didn't think we would see for months. She actually now goes to the stair gate and shakes it to let anyone who might care know that she wants to climb. Her eating has calmed down now and she actually turns away from food, before she wouldn't stop eating and would whine for more food if we were still eating.

She has a cold and I noticed tonight when I got her undressed for her bath that she has a rash all over her tummy and back. I think it might be something as innocuous as a heat rash but I am not sure so if tomorrow she is still all spotty I will ring her DR. She is not quite herself but I am putting that down to the fact that she is teething. She napped today for 3 hours which isn't like her. But she is still really happy.

Whether it is bed time or nap time we always follow the same routine and she always goes into her bed giggling like a fool and goes off to sleep happily. When she wakes up in the morning she chatters away for a few minutes and then yells, Ye-Ye or A-ye, which is her name for Lily. Lily has a stool next to her crib so that she can go into her and stand on her stool to chat with her. When Lily picks her up and carries her Rose gets a grin on her face the size of a Cheshire Cat. She mimics everything that Lily does and Lily knows it too.

Lily finally appears to have put back on the weight that she lost in China. This is a good thing as her school uniforms were falling off of her and they are age 3! She announced the other day her plans for the summer. She wants to go to horse riding camp, have her birthday at Disney and go and visit Grandpa and Nannis and go back to the safari park. Lily thinks nothing of flying to England and thinks we should do it every other weekend. She loves her grandparents so much and thinks we need to spend more time with them and has no concept of the distance between us. She has flown to the UK 7 times in 4 years.

Lily is currently going through the "death" faze. She asked me the other day if Nannis and Grandpa would die soon. I told her no. She then asked how old grandpa was. I told her he isn't very old he is 69. To that she replied, that is very old! (sorry daddy) Then she wanted to know if I would die before Jacob and on and on the questions went. It is so funny and hard to keep a straight face. Walking to school this morning we saw a dead bird and all the questions started again; how did the bird die? Was he old? I finally told her he forgot to flap his wings and fell out of the sky really fast and crashed into the ground. She cracked up laughing and flapped her arms and then yelled SPLAT.

Lily, you truly are the light of my life.

We finally went through all of the photos of the trip and narrowed down a mere 375 for Rosie's scrapbook. So, if you don't see any changes on the blog for a few days you know what I am doing. Hopefully Winkflash will send them over the course of a few days and not in one big clump. I have already gone to the scrapbook store and bought all the albums and paraphernalia so once they arrive I can set to to work. I love scrapbooking but this amount of photos is rather daunting. Jacob has already finished the DVD's and edited them and everything. Life is so much faster on a Mac.

These photos are from Sunday. I have no idea why the fridge door is open and it's contents strewn across the floor as I was in the shower and Jacob had taken over the helm.

Child Labor. Lily puts Rose to work.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Lily's hat came from the Disney Princesses on Ice Show. She went to that on Saturday and came home deliriously happy. About 3 hours later she told me she thinks she is "over" Princesses. (alrighty then)


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


The other night we went out for dinner and Rosies chin barely cleared the table from her high chair. I just thought it was hilarious. Poor little Weasel is so little.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

7 comments:

Vivian M said...

Ah...I can just hear one of my favorite old songs as I read this post, "What a wonderful world" sung by Louis Armstrong.
It is so wonderful to hear that all is well (as it should be!) and I hope Rosie's rash does not turn out to be anything serious. (Could be a food allergy, like milk?).
Huge hugs friend, and thank you for your kind comments. I updated our blog (finally!)

The Thomas Clan said...

You sound so happy Dawn. It's just wonderful to read your posts - quite entertaining if I must say so.
Thank you so much for your e-mail - you all are giving me so much strength, I really do not feel alone at all - thank you Dawn.
Em

PIPO said...

It just makes me all smiles to hear how well things are coming along.

Those two girls of yours are gonna give you a real run for it mama, I love it!

Nikki said...

So happy to hear that life is so sweet at your house...I can feel your love, joy, and happiness just jumping from every word.
Your girls are really something else! (and so are you!)
Hope Rose feels better soon and her rash goes away - keep us posted.

Patricia/NYC said...

Divine, simply, divine!!! LOVE that all is working out so beautifully with those 2 gorgeous flowers of yours!! I can't help myself referring to them as flowers, considering their names! ;) Rosie is soooo adorable & Lily is growing up to be quite the beauty (inside & out, of course!) You are all so bountifully blessed! :)

Lily's Pad said...

The girls are beautiful and your words are just oozing with joy. Makes me want to go back........

Mary

Steffie B. said...

You can just feel the love and happiness in this post.....I'm so thrilled for you all! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails