28 Sept 2007

To Our Sweet Baby


Sweet Little Girl.


This blog was started many months ago to document our journey to you. I try to document all the big milestones that happen along the way and count the months that pass as we creep closer and closer to you.

Lily, Daddy and I have been waiting to see you face now for 19 months and 1 day. We really thought that you would have been home with us many, many months ago. The wait is so very difficult. Each and everyday we think of you and talk about you. The wait is the hardest on your big sister because she cannot fully comprehend why you are taking so long.

She wants to hold you, give you your bottle and bathe you. She isn't very keen on the idea of taking a bath with you cos she thinks you will pee in it but that is because I recently told her that she used to do that. She wants to see your little face so much so that she can choose your name. She has lots of names picked out for you and one very special one that she has put so much thought into.

Lily used to save bits of her food for you and I would have to wrap them up and put them in the freezer. There are lots of half eaten cookies just for you. She saves her favourite things and puts them in your nursery and tells me not to give them to the poor kids because they are for her Mei Mei.
We just want you home with us, where you belong. We are ready and have been for a very long time now but we will wait until forever because you are part of us and we love you so much.

And so our darling little one, if you are in an orphanage or foster home be patient and know that we love you and we will be there soon, very soon ,to bring you home with us.
In my perfect little world I think we have approximately 7 more months to go before we see your face for the first time. I just can't imagine that we can be apart for much longer.

We love you with all our hearts and then some.

Mummy, Daddy and Lily.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

17 comments:

Janet said...

What a beautiful letter to your little one!

Patricia/NYC said...

Sooooo sweet & beautiful!!
Thank you for sharing this!

I pray your wait ends MUCH sooner than you expect! What a blessed little mei mei she will be to have all of you!

Dannye said...

we hope that it is much much sooner....hurry home chopstick!!

Gracie said...

How adorable....So sweet......Happy tears are about to run down my face.....I know you cant wait!

Molly's Mum said...

I am from the UK too & we used to live in Florida and have considered moving back. Nice to meet you ;-)

Kris said...

Oh man my heart just grew 3 sizes reading about Lily saving her favorite stuff for Mei Mei (even if she won't bathe with her cuz of the pee pee possibility!)...

Here's to 19 down. Your getting closer!!

Special K said...

Just beautiful.

Happy 19!

redmaryjanes said...

Congratulations on 19 months closer! You are a tremendous Mom.

insanemommy said...

Gorgeous letter. I'm so sorry you all are waiting so long.

Ani said...

You made me cry... What a loving, sweet letter to your little one. Fingers crossed that the wait becomes MUCH shorter for you and all the other waiting families.

LaLa said...

19 Down...congrats. She is going to be a great big sister..hope my Annslee will be LOL

Oh, we were in the same travel group as Molly (your other UK buddy)

Nikki said...

Crying here, Dawn. That was so sweet.
Lily saves food and special items for her sister...doesn't get any better than that. Praying you get to go and bring that little one home soon.
XOXO

PIPO said...

My wee heart just got all melty!

Molly's Mum said...

aWWWWWW That was lovely - I can't imagine waiting that long - I would die.

Steffie B. said...

Beautiful Dawn....and I pray it's less than 7!

Ann said...

So sweet. I hope that you make sure this letter is safely put away for her to read some day!!

3D said...

What a lovely letter to your little Chopstick.

Happy 19 Months and 1 Day!

Keep smilin!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails