25 Sept 2007

All Sorts Of Stuff

This will be one of my, everything and anything with a little of the other thrown in for luck, posts. Where to start?

Because today is the Chinese Mid Autumn Moon Festival Lily and I went out together to celebrate. She wanted to wear one of her Chinese outfits and her silver bell bracelet. She looked so sweet.




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


Not sure what provoked this face

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


Little Cutie

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


We read a great book tonight. It wasn't about the Moon Festival but it was a China related book. It is about shapes and thoroughly lovely. We read all about the jade rabbit on the moon too and finally before she went to be we went outside and bowed to the moon. If you are female this is part of the tradition so get up and go outside and bow to the moon. Lily loves all things about China and on Sunday evening she is getting up on stage with her Chinese class and singing some songs at a moon festival celebration. (you know there will be photos of that one)

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


Next subject!
I received a package in the post, Not Lily but ME. Lily tried to claim it but I wouldn't even let her get all the words out of her mouth. I explained it was for people with boobies. She said she has boobies but I told her until they are big enough to fit in a bra my duck was off limits. She relented and stared at down at her chest rather deflated, no pun intended.

i-con, thank you so much. I love my duck and the poem that accompanied her. She represents her cause so well and the words will be heeded.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


Next!
I can't remember where I was going with this one so....

Next!
It really was a day all about me. I used to have those days all the time. Hell, life was all about me but now I am much happier with life being all about Schnoogie.
I received another gift. This one was from the fabulous, minus the gimpy finger,
LayDFrog


She thinks I am worthy of the Smile Award. If it should go to anyone it really should go to Lily cos her smile is always on and it lights up a room.
Here is what the person that created this award says about it: the thing that I love most about blogging is that I learn so much about a person just by reading their blog. I have met MANY wonderful people with wonderful stories to tell,and I am grateful every day for each person that I have the pleasure of crossing paths in life with.I wanted to create something special for the top ten people who have inspired me through their blogging; the stories they tell, and the lives that they lead with grace and dignity. I visit their blogs for inspiration and encouragement.
Please grab your badge and wear it proudly, and pass it on because you inspire and encourage me, thank you.

Oish, now I am supposed to pick 10 people and forward the award. That is like only having 4 ice creams and 5 children. It is wrong, just wrong. How can I pick 10 blogs?
I am not taking the easy way out, well maybe I am but if you are reading this and you know that I follow your blog then you are obviously an inspiration to me so consider yourself a recipient of the smile award.

Next!
Only kidding there is enough in this one post to last a week or more and I am going to bed. G'night

11 comments:

Dannye said...

G'night....sleep tight and watch out for those bed bugs, I can send frogs your way to take care of those...hehe

redmaryjanes said...

I love posts where there is a lot going on. I love seeing everyone celebrating the moon festival. I had never even heard of it until this week.

3D said...

Defo Miss L is a cutie pie! What a fun way to commemorate the day.

You make me smile for sure! (But you have to share with me how to get the award thingy on the side of the blog...can not figure it out!)

Keep smilin!

Kris said...

Well you did MORE than make me smile with this post, I was cracking up just picturing Lily looking down at her chest!

Somedays I wish I didn't have these darn boobs! (There's only one Boob I must have, and that'd be my boy Ransom).

Nikki said...

I tried to comment last nite - but it wouldn't let me...then I was gonna call you, but didn't know if it would be too late...ANYHOO, Lily looks gorgeous in her Chinese garb. looks like you had a great celebration.
love you guys!

Janet said...

I loved that post. It made me smile too! I love that picture of her funny face! (and the Boobies story!)

Beckyb said...

Yup - you ALWAYS make me smile!!! It's perfect for you!!! LOVE the outing pictures and that book is one of our favorites too!! Have a great Moon Festival!!

insanemommy said...

Lol, not at you.. My girls get a big bang out of squeezing and touching my boobies. They now point at theirs and say "boobies". Not, quite girlies, just baby buds.... lol....Lilly looks so grown up in her beautiful silks.

You are so deserving of the award. You make us all smile.

amy said...

What a lovely post and I love those faces..That looks like a great book

Polar Bear said...

Lily is adorable in her outfit! Looks like you two had a nice evening.

I have seen that book several times. I think I am going to have to get one.

PIPO said...

Awww....poor Lily. She just has boobies under cover. Instill the duck in her at a young age ;0)

Too funny. Now, mom, go grope yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails