12 Sept 2007

I Hope "They" Aren't Reading This !


Every now and again on some board somewhere you always hear about how the CCAA reads blogs and yahoo groups to see what we are all up to. Well, I don't know if it is true or not but I just hope that they are not reading this.


Since yesterdays post was a little serious and from the heart I will resume my usual B.S. in hopes of making you realise I have no standards at all.


Every now and again, sometimes more frequently than that, as a parent you have a moment that makes you wonder what right you have to raise a child because you screw things up. For us it is never anything serious, just things that we say by mistake or things that we do by accident.


Take last night for example: Lily asked if she could go to sleep in our bed, I said, "ask Daddy" and he said, "if mummy says yes". So I told her she could go to sleep in our bed but I was gong to move her into her own bed before we went to sleep. So at 10.00ish I went upstairs to move her and I picked her up in my arms and as I went to stand up I realised that she had twisted the sheets around her legs so I had to tug and wiggle her a bit. She came free rather unexpectedly and I ended up swinging her head into the lamp on my nightstand and knocking it flying!! She didn't even wake up so I staggered into her room virtually gasping for air cos I was laughing so hard. Great mothering skills, I have!


It isn't as if this is the first time I have thought , geesh, someone gave me this child to love and protect and I have just done X.Y, or Z to her. Whilst we were still in China she was very cranky one afternoon and when a travel mate came into the room carrying candy and Lily nearly removed his arm to get some of it and that was when I/we realised we had completely forgotten to feed her any lunch! I know that is pretty bad.


Recently we were in the car coming home from the beach and it was a rare occasion that I was driving and Jacob was yipping to Lily about all the things that live in the ocean. He was just getting around to talking about single celled organisms but in true Jacob style he muddled his words and told her about single celled orgas*ms. (don't want that little ditty showing up on a google search). I just cracked up laughing and he wasn't sure why so I had to try to tell him but I was laughing so hard that I blurted out the other word really loud so then he is roaring and Lily is in the back asking in her most serious voice what is an "O" and why is it so funny. I ended up pulling the car off of the road cos I just couldn't see where I was going.


So we get the parent of the year award over and over again. Those are only 3 that come to mind right now but I know that there are hundreds more just like that. Tell me we aren't the only ones....please.

Have a great day and hug your little ones, it will help to make up for all the ooops that you have had.

10 comments:

3D said...

Tee hee! She is a rocking little girl with all limbs intact. You guys are doing great.

Keep smilin!

Patricia/NYC said...

Dawn...I am laughing right with you!! What a great little sleeper you have there! ;)

OK...here's our first blunder...immediately after Gotcha moment...we go upstairs to our room, I make my first "bottle" (used the disposable liners)...I boiled the water, poured the powdered formula in the bottle, problem was, I FORGOT to put the liner in! The formula went all over the table...I look at DD, she's just 10 months old & has this look on her face like..."Great, with all the people out there, I get matched with you 2 who can't even make a bottle!"

Nikki said...

Oh Dawn, thanks for that! You are ALWAYS good for a chuckle (or two or three)...we have LOTS of 'oops' moments over here too. None of us can have it all together all the time, right?

Now, what IS an O and why DO you find it sooo funny???!!?? he he

Polar Bear said...

You make me laugh! Keep these coming! It is so good to know that I won't be the only one fumbling around trying to be a good mom!

Lily sure is a sound sleeper!!

Janet said...

THOSE aren't very bad "oops!" They're great! It's all a part of parenting, the good and the bad. I think "they" know that.....:-)

redmaryjanes said...

Honey,
You still get mother of the year from me. I can't even remember all of my blunders. Oh yeah, my most shining moment was when I had 'THE TALK' with Zach. I'll tell you that one in e-mail!

Steffie B. said...

That is so funny.....yes the "O" word can be a little tricky at times. Jacob must have been having trouble because you are such a little sex kitten! lol

Vivian M said...

I think we are all guilty of an "oops" once in a while, and it is the "oops" moments that we will remember fondly in years to come.
Hang in there, your child in China is waiting to join your family and add to the "oops" stories!

Snowflowers Mum said...

dont worry,

the other day I put Piper in her carseat and got in the drivers seat and turned on the car...in the backseat I heard

"oh wow, this is going to be crazy fun ride Mummy"

I turned around to find my two and a half year old clapping her hands, completely unbuckled...duh! I'd forgotton to buckle her in and she was waitng for the exciting ride ahead!

Hayley

crazy fun??? where did my child learn that?

PIPO said...

Wait a hot minute? You mean those kids get hungry? I'm expected to feed the little ankle biter? ;0)

Ah, I am pretty sure my kid is going to have a frightful knowledge of all things female to be sure. She will come home with notes for teaching the class about all those delightful tidbits...in kindergarten.

Methinks you are a fabulous mamacita...no matter what language you butcher ;0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails