14 Sept 2007

Demoted Before I Even Got Started


Last Friday evening marked the start of Chinese lessons for the year. The class has grown so much that "T" sent out an email during the week asking for some parents to help out and if you were not going to be a helper she requested that you drop your child off. I have no problems at all with leaving Lily there as she is a good friend and it is due to that friendship that I offered to help out. I was so surprised and quite frankly tickled pink when the return email said that I could help her teach the pronunciation. Me, who doesn't speak a lick of Chinese well at least not a sensible lick was going to be helping with pronunciation. I strutted around all week like the cats pajamas.

Alas, my strutting was short lived cos when I got to class tonight she said that she had a better job for me. I was in charge of setting up the kids folders with assignments and correcting the homework. I have been demoted but really I think "T" came to here senses and realised having me help with pronunciation was about as helpful as having an Icee stand outside an igloo. I truly have a a wonderful time while we are there and make sure I eavesdrop on every syllable in hopes of being able to speak to our daughter, at least half as well as her sister can.

For some reason Miss Lil' was an absolute angel today and blew me away with her manners, sweetness, kindness, you name it she did it. I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

10 comments:

Dannye said...

At least you didn't get fired!! Too funny, the English-accented lady teaching Chinese pronouncation....hehehe!!

Kris said...

That doesn't sound like demoting to me, it's a whole different league of helping!

I can't imagine your sweet girl being anything less than polite, kind, and (always) adorable.

Nikki said...

It's funny that you posted this today...I was just on Crazy Lady's site and it got me thinking.
I want to get my Lily started in Mandarin lessons but wondered if it meant I needed to learn the language too (I KNOW I wouldn't pick it up easily. I get frustrated just thinking about it.)
But, I would try.

3D said...

Nuddin but grief! Tee hee.

Keep smilin!

Janet said...

Treasure those good days of sweetness and kindness....'cause they're usually offset with....um...NOT so sweetness and kindness. At least, in this house! LOL!

M and M said...

How did you do with the marking of the work??

amy said...

oh great post..I hope you still have fun

Kathy and Joel said...

Oh dear, Dawn! Sorry you felt demoted, but I agree with Kris in that it is a whole other way of helping out.

Gracie said...

Hope everything turns out okay!

Steffie B. said...

I think I may enroll Sophia in something like that as well. Keep us posted! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails