16 Sept 2007

On Your BIke

Even though the weather is still teetering around in the 90's we decided to go out bicycle riding today. We loaded the bikes on the bike rack and headed to a park that offers lots of shade trees and we had so much fun. We took bread with us to feed the ducks, that in itself was a tad nerve wrecking cos every Ibis in Florida showed up.
We made a rash decision before we left to put the training wheels back on Lily's bike for the day. She rides it very well without them but she cannot steer for beans. So it was going to be far more productive to have her riding on the bike path as opposed to scraping her off of a tree.

With regard to my getting demoted in the last post it was very much tongue in cheek. How on earth can I help with the pronunciation of a language I don't even speak.

Pikkies of the day.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


A couple of crazies

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

13 comments:

Beckyb said...

I say you are BRAVE - when it hits 90 ain't NO WAY this lady's on a bike!!!!

3D said...

Sigh...what a lovely day to spend in a park.

Keep smilin!

Kristy said...

It is hot here too, but what a great day all of you had!!

Janet said...

I love that- Don't run mommy over, okay? Sounds like me.

Gina said...

Is Lily's hair curly or am I seeing things? It looks cute by the way.

redmaryjanes said...

Love the photos, it looks like everything was wonderful. We had a chilly weekend, but this week is supposed to warm up.

Steffie B. said...

What a great day for all of you. (birds too) It was a nice weekend here, but not 90 that's for sure!

La-La-Liene said...

Lane took the training wheels of Eriks bike this weekend as he insisted daddy do so. Well, 3 yr olds without training wheels just don't mix. He's got a few months at least before he gets the whole bike riding thing down pat anyhow, including steering. But it's nice to see he's motivated.

And I couldn't imagine a bike ride in 90 degree temps. I'll stay in my AC thank you very much!

Nikki said...

Love the pictures (but I'm still having a difficult time with the video)...Lily looks so cute with her fancy hair and skirt and schnazzy visor!
My Lily is going with grandma tomorrow to feed the ducks - it is one of her favorite things too!
(glad you put her training wheels on, otherwise you'd have been a goner for sure!)

Kris said...

What fun... and we finally had weather in the high 80s today and it's dropped into the 70s this evening... I'm in heaven. Apparently it's supposed to be like this all week- yay, fall will come to Florida EVENTUALLY. Then it's a week of spring and back to summer again, right?

I'm very sad the videos won't play for me!

PIPO said...

Wow - Lily fast ball feeds those ducks. That's funny...if I were one of those ducks I would duck (drumroll please ;0)

Pug Mama said...

guess what ---- I was able to view your video!!WOOOHOOOO!!!
Did you get smashed into by the bikes?

Patricia/NYC said...

Such a nice, peaceful fun day!
LOVE Lily's hair...& that outfit...TOO CUTE!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails