18 Sept 2007

Smorgasboard Of Useless Updates.

Since my family has been emailing and ringing to see how Lily's pee-pee habit is doing I thought I should update: it would appear that Lily's problem was all in her head. She was given oral and topical antibiotics for another problem that occurred at the same time and we told her that the oral ones were to stop her having to pee every 2 seconds and it worked. She is no longer getting up in the night 4 different times and she is no longer interrupting everything she does to go pee. Have no idea how it all started but it did and now it is gone. She has the typical start of the school year cough thing that always gets passed around and if anyone has any tips on something to stop her coughing I would truly appreciate it. Tonight at dinner she told me that her head hurts from coughing so much. I think I have tried every cough syrup on both sides of the Atlantic plus humidifiers etc and nothing ever works so for all of you seasoned mummy's I need a suggestion. Muchas gracias.


Today was the funeral of a police officer who was shot last week. It was so very sad. This man made a routine traffic stop and was taken out by a scum bag with an AK-47 assault rifle. He left behind a wife and 2 little tiny children. As I was heading to work this morning out of nowhere came 30 something squad cars with lights and sirens. It was rush hour and they were trying to get the to funeral. It gave me goosebumps and the noise of the sirens chilled me to the bone. It really bothers me to think of the scum that live amongst us and the fact that this family is now incomplete due to one of them. Really Miami is not the city that it was in the 80's but it is big and with big you get some bad. This guy is no longer around to harm anyone else.


The projects are moving along and I am catching up. I finished one piece of furniture this morning and started the next so now if I can get the 248 photographs that just got developed into a scrapbook, without Lily's help, I will be all caught up with my project list. I have a meme left but I will get to it.

I am actually going to start working a little bit more now since Lily is in school. Nothing serious of course but I think 90 minutes a day is really pushing my luck and once Chopstick comes home work will receive a, cease and desist, order once again. I love what I do and I have plenty of free time.

And if by chance you haven't checked out Little Maddy you must go here and click on the travel journal tab and send Marty and Robin some congratulations. Maddy is so cute.

Off to see what the rest of you have been upto.

8 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

I am always devastated when a good man is taken out by a bad one. It breaks my heart to think of his poor little children.

3D said...

Good stuff that the pee issue is done but I hope the cough disappears soon.

Senseless and sad...sigh.

Keep smilin!

Patricia/NYC said...

Glad the pp issue is resolved!
About the cough...I always rub Vick's VaporRub (children's version) on Kiara's chest (she gets a doozy of cough at this time of year too) & it seems to help a lot. My mom used that on us when we were kids & I STILL use it to this day for myself (the adult version, though! lol!)

Ugh...such ugliness... & the children...so very, very heartbreaking.

Nikki said...

I'm glad Lily's pee issues are resolved.

Senseless violence. Scary world.

I hope Lily's cough goes away soon, poor baby. (I don't have any magic cures, sorry)

Glad you love your job - that is rare.

Always great to hear updates on you, sweetie...and I'm still waiting for my phone call!

The Thomas Clan said...

Thanks for the comment - Like you said a few weeks ago, the blog can't be all smiles. Keep on hitting those curve balls head on! Have you tried the good old Vicks vapor rub to loosen her chest?

Beckyb said...

We are having coughing issues too - it sounds horribly deep, but I am sure if I take her in they will just say there is nothing to be done!!! Hang in there - they can really throw us for loops sometimes, can't they?!?!

Janet said...

I am SO glad to hear Lily is doing better!

I am sad to hear about the police officer.

Anonymous said...

Hi. Dawn et al.If the cough is at the back of the throat a gentle warm water gargle may move gunk and soothe....however depends on Lily`s technique as you may get sploshed on.love b.b.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails