19 Sept 2007

You Didn't ?

On Monday evening Jacob took Lily to gymnastics whilst I was at work. I thought nothing of it since he is really quite capable of doing anything with Lily except her hair and matching her clothes. This morning I was sorting the washing and noticed her scarlet leotard and then underneath that in the hamper was a pair of bright pink gym style shorts. My first reaction was to dive into the hamper and see what else she had worn that might possibly have matched her leotard but the hamper was already empty. That dear, sweet, colour blind as all hell, hubby of mine dressed MY child in red and pink!! It clashed, the big ugly clash. It didnd't enter my head to set out her gym clothes for her she usually gets them herself and does well.

I need to back track for a second. When we first met Jacob was doing alot of print and T.V. work and he always dressed really well. I am not sure who dressed him or shopped for him but he looked good always. It wasn't until after a few months had passed that I realised he must be colour blind so I asked him to take the Ishihar@ test. He took it and passed with flying colours. I was flummoxed to say the least. How could someone throw so many patterns and colours together if they could actually see them? One day before a business trip I told him not to wear anything that he wanted to take with him as everything was back from the cleaners and ready to go. When I caught up with him later in the day I was blinded by his colourfulness and sickened by his dancing patterns.

He is probably ready to delete this post at this point! To this day I shop for him and match him. He knows what he can wear together and he avoids trying anything different if I am not around. So that brings us to now. Lily has her own mind with regard to her wardrobe and is not bad at hitting the mark so I have no idea how Monday's colour scheme got by her.

We had to go to gymnastics tonight and I wondered if they would let us back through the door and thankfully they did.

Here is a glimpse of Schnoog on the beam.



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

7 comments:

amy said...

bless his heart

Thanks for sharing the video,,,precious

Dannye said...

she is doing amazing!! such grace and talent!

Dannye said...

BTW, you've been nominated on my blog...congrats!!

3D said...

Tee hee! If anyone asks...say the kidlet dressed herself and insisted on the colour combo.

Keep smilin!

Andie said...

Have you ever thought that maybe Lily is taking on Jacob's dress sense? Scary thought!

That said, I always thought red and pink went together too!

Pug Mama said...

OMG! I just totally lost it with "asked him to take the Ishihar@ test"
you are too funny girl!!!!

Janet said...

My hubby is the same. He has HORRIBLE fashion sense. Or just none at all. Take you pick.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails