2 Mar 2007

Sleep Deprived......ackkkk


Lily has developed a new sleeping habit over the last few weeks and for the first time ever she is waking up at night to pee. Now you need to understand that she has her own bathroom off of her bedroom and is quite capable of peeing by herself but heaven forbid she go by herself in the middle of the night. So every night this little person appears at my side of the bed asking to go pee pee. I have been taking her straight back to her bed afterwards and she goes back to sleep but it is driving me batty! Last night Jacob came in from work at around 1.30 and as soon as he turned on the shower she appeared but afterwards she wasn't at all sleepy and finally went to sleep just after 3am. I was so awake by then that I just got up and was amazed at how much you can get done in a house when nobody is around however by 11.am when I had to go to work for my usual hour I was dragging.

She has not changed her routine, isn't getting anymore to drink and does not have a UTI so this evening I put a night light in her bathroom and left the door open into her bedroom and I told her that if she has to pee she has to go by herself! I know this is just a habit that she is getting into and nothing more but Lordy Lordy I need sleep.

After her bath tonight she was sitting in my lap all snuggled up in her towel and she looked up at me and said, I love you mummy. So I said thank you and I love you too. Then she said (and this is way to much information but it cracked me up) and I love your boobies. Again I said thank you. We are not done yet cos then she said, and your nobbles. Nobbles, what on earth are my nobbles, came my perplexed reply. You know, she said, your nobbles. I told her I didn't know what they were so she said, the little bits on your boobies, (I was fully clothed at this point). I laughed and corrected her but she told me I was wrong and that they aren't called nipples either they are called nibbles! At this point I nearly dropped her on the floor cos I was laughing so hard. Anatomy according to Lily! I probably wouldn't have laughed so much if I wasn't so flippin' tired.

Good night all....I'm hitting the hay!

13 comments:

Emmie said...

lol! It's hard to get mad since she's such a cutie though isn't it! :) What a good mummy!

Dannye said...

does Jacob tell you that you have nice nobbles too??? just wondering if the compliments only come from Lily, hehehehe

Beckyb said...

Hey, if it's any consolation, Chloe has been getting up to go potty too and I don't fall back to sleep well so we may even be up at the same time!!! I'll think of you! AND I loved the boobie story - I have my own favorite as well, wish I could blog it, but it isn't quite as tame as yours!!!! I love kids!!!

Julie said...

Ha ha ... I must say that the image or getting coffee intraveinously (sp?) spoke volumes to me!! Thanks for the lol!

Polar Bear said...

That is so cute! I love those kid stories!!

I hope you got some sleep.

PIPO said...

That is too funny...sounds like a day at my office whith all the boobie and nobble talk!

Nikki said...

Oh good, I am so glad my kid isn't the only one in love with momma's boobies!
Loved the story...hope Lily goes potty on her own from now on so you can get some zzz's!

redmaryjanes said...

Well, I'm glad that she is going potty on the pot, but I'm sorry for you. My day is coming soon. We are working on potty training Eli. Hang in there!

aimeeg said...

Heehee, well way to go on the nice boobies and nobbles:)

I once had a third grader who passed around a note saying, "I have seen my mom's boobs." She just wanted everyone to know, haha.

Kris said...

I'm having flashbacks to my nephew, at age 3, reaching inside my sisters shirt for a squeeze and yelling, "MY PRIVATES!"... the boobs were all his!

Hope you got some sleep.

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Now of course the are called nibbles; what else would they be called??!? ROFL and totally cracking up :) BTW, you do have nice boobies!

Give that adorable daughter of yours a huge hug from us.

tundrachica said...

What a compliment! Those are the moments...that can be used for bribery in the future, especially if photos of those moments are available. :)

Ann said...

LOL!!! What no pictures!!!! JUST KIDDING!!!

She's great!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails