3 Mar 2007

Chocolate and Chihuly

Thanks for all your comments on the sleep deprivation. Giving Lily a nightlight in her bathroom worked and she took herself to pee last night, (she banged the door so I knew she was up and I of course snuck into her room a few minutes later to check she was OK) but she didn't come into us....progress.

Today we went to a chocolate festival at Fairchild Tropical Garden and it was wonderful. Not only was the
chocolate festival going on but there is also a huge Chihuly exhibit there as well. Lily was more impressed with glasswork than she was with the chocolate which truly surprised me. I thought they were both fantastic but you just cannot eat glass! We had a really fabulous time and tasted our way through the gardens. She took part in a scavenger hunt and managed to complete it and won a little ladybug for her prize. It was record breaking hot today which is not what you want at a chocolate festival but melted chocolate tastes just as good, ask Lily.

Chiluly

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


So incredible

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Full Mouth
(BTW Lily has a walk in closet full of clothes but this is one of her favourites, hence she is ALWAYS in it)

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Ummm, that was tasty.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


This little piggy went snarf snarf snarf

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

15 comments:

PIPO said...

Purdylicious stuff there.

I am now officially jealous of you all with warm weather, festivals and unending chocolate.

I want to move to heaven on earth.

Polar Bear said...

That is MY kind of festival!!!

The glass work is beautiful.

M and M said...

I just love coming to your blog. There are always great pictures and video clips - thanks for sharing!!

I love the chocolate all over Lily's face!! She is one well traveled little girl!

Beckyb said...

We SO need to move - you have WAY more fun stuff there!!! Looks so great!! Glad you had a fun day.

Kathy and Joel said...

Yummers! I'm not a huge fan of chocolate, but Lily certainly makes it seem as though it is something to be cherished. We have a Hershey Factory here a couple of hours from here that is threatening to close. The community is up in arms trying to prevent it from shutting down. It would be a shame.

Andie said...

Never heard of chiluly before, it looks good, but I'm much more interested in the chocolate.

Nikki said...

Looks like another great day for you all! LOVE all the melted chocolate everywhere...how hot WAS it?????

Also, glad you are making progress in the night time pee department!

Special K said...

You guys do have so much fun. Love the messy chocolate face. Awww.... to be a kid again. Sigh.

redmaryjanes said...

Hi! I hope you don't mind, but I have included you in the slumber party I'm having at my blog tonight for the Ultimate Blog Party. You may get a visitor or two!

Ann said...

okay so I'm so hungry now

Steffie B. said...

Those chocolate strawberries look delicious! We want some! lol

Susie said...

Your Lily is so darn cute! My name is Susie and I'm saying hello from the slumber party being held by htt://theseventhdiamond.blogspot.com. I'd be be happy to follow you on your journey. Susie.

http://phillipspathtochina.blogspot.com

3D said...

I am stowing away in CJ`s bags!

What a great festival!

Keep smilin!

Emmie said...

A little chocolate lover- that's my kinda girl!! :) Looks delicious!

rubyiscoming said...

hey - just found your blog via c.j.
this is an old post of yours, but if you can believe it, my mom knows Dale Chihuly and briefly dated him in the early '80s. i also used to work in miami (born at S Miami Hosptial) and even hosted a walk-a-thon at the fairchild tropical garden - small world!
your LID for your 2nd is just a couple of weeks behind our LID for our 1st child. let's keep the faith that the referrals start to speed up!

:)
kim

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails