1 Mar 2007

A Visit To The Dentist

This one is for you guys, Auntie Fran and Shell.

If you don't like going to the dentist you might want to skip this post. I decided to post photos of Lily at the dentist because I know lots of little kiddie winks who are scared of going and I thought by showing Lily have a good ol' time it might not seem quite so intimidating to them.

Lily has been seeing her pediatric dentist (who I LOVE and highly recommend) since she was 17 months old. She was walking up some outside steps one day and took a nose dive teeth first onto said steps. She managed to scrape the enamel off of her front 2 teeth and the little shards were sticking out of her gum line and in addition to that she chipped one tooth and pushed both of the top front teeth up into the gum line slightly and of course split her lips!. (Oh yes, she also gave me a major heart attack but that is beside the point). I immediately rang my dear friend Becky who is a hygienist and asked her what I should do and she was the one who recommended Dr.Maria Smith. I wasn't sure what to expect but I packed Lily in the car and off we went. The office is amazing and she sat on my lap in the chair for the whole thing watching Nemo on her personal video player. X-rays were taken and clean up work done but other than that it was just a wait and see game. I took her back 6 months later and her teeth had set again but that still didn't mean she wouldn't lose them.

Well that was a while ago and she goes every 6 months and loves it! Her check up yesterday was wonderful she has very clean teeth with no cavities. BUT on a down side when she ran into the fence at school a couple of months back she knocked her fragile front teeth and then again 2 weeks ago and now they are not looking so good. The x-rays show that they are darkening and Dr. Smith joked that since she is only 4 months away from her 5Th birthday that she will still have them when she turns 5 but by the time she is 5 years and 1 month she might not. Oh well, I was hoping that she would keep them until she was 7 but better at 5 than at 17 months to lose them so I'll take it and be happy. Of course Lily is all geared up for a visit from the Tooth Fairy now.

Oh and the Schnoog decided to wake up at 5am today and when she realised I wasn't thrilled about it since I was being quite cranky she looked at me and said, I guess someone isn't having a happy day! That even made me laugh and that is not easy when I wake up.

Having some x-rays done. (whilst watching a Barbie movie)


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Getting them cleaned


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Didn't like the mini vacuum cleaner to much


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Absolutely delighted with this treatment.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Dr. Smith takes over for the final check.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


All done and she is still watching the movie.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

15 comments:

3D said...

Great idea to take photos! Hope the teeth hang in a while longer.

Keep smilin!

3D said...

Great idea to take photos! Hope the teeth hang in a while longer.

Keep smilin!

Nikki said...

What a trooper she is! I hated going to the dentist and put up such a fuss -- my doc would cringe when he saw me walk in the door!

She did a great job! And, as far as losing her teeth: I lost one of my front teeth when I was 4(fell out of bed and hit my mouth on the radiator)...and I still looked pretty cute. Lily will definitely be able to carry it off, if need be.

Beckyb said...

Nope, don't like the dentist either - but when you find a good one - that is a bonus!!! Great pics!!

M and M said...

What a brave girl!!

Lily is going to think that everyone gets pictures taken everywhere!!

Here's hoping the teeth stay in as long as possible - will be looking forward to the pictures once the tooth fairy had come.

Dannye said...

wow, what a trooper, and what beautiful teeth and a wonderful smile, way to go Lily!!!

Kris said...

Like Nikki said... what a trooper!
I hated the dentist then, I still hate it today... just not fond of hands in my mouth!

Polar Bear said...

What a brave girl! I don't like the dentist at all.

colin said...

Hi,How wierd also went to the dentist yesterday to see the hygienst,cost me £35.00.Iknow you have me down as having English teeth but they have improved as have stopped smoking again,and this time I will not smoke again.Good for Lily she is far braver than me.lol.Hear from you soon.love and hugs.big bruv.

Steffie B. said...

Love the post, but isn't it funny to think that you brought your camera along and then did a post about it? We do love our blogs, don't we????? lol Looks like she was a great trooper!

redmaryjanes said...

Look at those beautiful pearly whites!! She did a great job..

Emmie said...

What a brave little one! Glad everything went well at the dentist!

PIPO said...

Wow - I have to find a fabu dentist in my area. I know they're here but I'm not sure who is who yet in that field.

If my kid could keep watching Barbie after all that I would be uber impressed ;0)

Andie said...

I love the way she can't take her eyes off the movie! Great idea to post about dentists.

I'm sure most people's fears stem from when they were kids. I used to get 10p from the dentist for having a filling or tooth out. I still don't mind going, even though I haven't been given any money for years!

Ann said...

Wow what a trooper. I hate the dentist

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails