13 Feb 2007

It All Started So Innocently


Our VCR went on the fritz which was no big deal since they are obsolete anyway. Jacob decided to just get another one with a DVD recorder in it and be done. So off he went on his little shopping trip and thought he was all done. Not so, sonny!

I had much bigger plans. Since he had to move the wall unit out about 6 inches I thought we should just go ahead and change all the furniture around, buy new area rugs, clean out 3 closets, make 2 trips to the charity drop off site and bake a heart shape cake! The poor guy, me thinks he wishes he had never woken up today.

He did get even at the second rug shop though. They had just received a new shipment and they were still rolled up and we were trying to look at them very carefully and gingerly since they were all on a table. He pulled one out length ways and we put it on top and unrolled it a little bit and decided we didn't like it after all so then I saw another one further down in the heap and as I moved back they all started to roll so I had to stand with my body holding them on the table and so dearest hubby looked at my panicked expression and took off. Another lady saw what was happening and started to laugh so Jacob just went over to her and denied knowing me. He did come back to rescue me but not before I was laughing uncontrollably. The damn rugs were huge and weighed a tonne. But we checked them off the to do list and came home and carried on with the rest of the day. The rug looks even better in here than it did in the shop.

I think then Jacob thought he was done but I knew better. We were on a roll or at least I was and he was being dragged, kicking and screaming along for the fun. So we headed upstairs to the bedroom....it's not what you think, so get your mind out of the gutter! We then went through the walk in closets. He asked me what we were doing and I told him we were taking EVERYTHING out of all the closets. He knows better than to question anything when I get like this so he just went for it and we dumped the walk-ins. I say, stay or go and he replies and off we go and it is done! I don't do clutter so every few months I have one of these fits and then I am OK for a while longer. Jacob likes to keep things and I am fine with him doing this but certain things have to go and today was B-bye day.

Frankly we were interested to find out what the Schnoog would have to say about the changes since last time she came home and we had done something different she announced that we were wrecking the house! Everything passed her inspection, lucky for her really cos it would have been tough otherwise! Opinionated little madam.

Well, I can breathe again now...the air is uncluttered!
I'm tired. Good night.

9 comments:

Dannye said...

Wanna come to my house and have one of your "fits" here too? I wonder if Ray would be so open to getting rid of things then if you told them they had to go, well a girl could try right???

redmaryjanes said...

Link away!
It's easier for me to keep in touch with everyone.

Beckyb said...

Whew - that is my kind of day - I love to declutter, reorganize, it feels SO GOOD!!!

Emmie said...

Glad you could get everything organized and all! I really need to do that too but can't seen to just throw stuff away!

M and M said...

PHEW!! I am exhausted just reading about your day!

Glad you like the look of all the new stuff. That is something we are going to have to think about here...

Nikki said...

I just went thru all of Lily's drawers this afternoon and discarded all of the stuff she has outgrown, and organized the rest. Also cleaned like crazy!
(we are somehow connected, aren't we?)
Glad Lily likes the changes. I think it is so fun to change things up every now and then.

Kathy and Joel said...

Wow! Now that is one major day! Cleaning closets is very cathartic for me and I like your system of "stay or go". Out with the old, I say!

Polar Bear said...

Wow! That was one very busy day!

Very productive, too!

PIPO said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has those kinds of fits ;0)

Schnoog could come here and she'd often be right with the prounouncement: You're wrecking the house!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails