14 Feb 2007

Happy V.D.


That would be Valentines Day!

I am not a huge fan of the commercialness of this day. I think it is wrong that it is geared for women and men are guilted into buying ridiculous gifts for their significant others while people who are single are made to feel left out. GIVE ME A BREAK. Keep it simple that is my rule. I love my hubby, very much and under no circumstances do I want him to go over the top today because society says he should. In fact I beg him not to get me anything. Oh, thats not true he better get me a card or he will be in the dog house! But he always does more and buys flowers and chocolates and I buy something for him too. Now Lily, thats a different story. We have a great time getting little bits for her ValentiMes (that is what she calls it) gift. And it is fun decorating the house and making heart shaped cakes and cookies and trying to explain the meaning of love to her. She even wrote her own cards this year....that one made my brain itch. And she read the ones she bought home. My pumpkin can read and write......holy smoke.


Jakey....thank you and Happy Valentines Day. XOXOXOXOX

All ready for school and her LOVE party



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

Lily's Candy



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

7 comments:

Kris said...

"There's no such thing as too much bling for my little girl" (is that exactly what you said?)- made me laugh so hard! Adorable...

As for your sentiments about this day, I couldn't agree with you more. Even when I was married, we actually both thought it was weird to set aside one day to say I love you- so he'd purposely send flowers either a couple days before or after, just to make a statement... ha. Ahhh. I do miss my days with him, but life does go on...
Kris

Dannye said...

I love the sweet tarts face, how cute, and yet she wants more of them, how funny!!!

Happy V.D. to you too!!!

PIPO said...

Ya know what?...you completely MAKE MY DAY. Every time I see your blog I laugh! Your whole family is fab!

Thanks for remembering us single wenches who have no man to commercially intimidate into spending far too much money so we can trot it in front of our girlfriends and shame their hubbys. (Oh, sorry, I digress ;0)

Happy Valentine's Day to one great fam!

3D said...

What a munchkin!!

Happy Heart Day!

Keep smilin!

Beckyb said...

Totally Agree!!! If they don't already know I love them then Whoa, we've got trouble!!! My poor Valentine probably wonders somedays - I am not very clever with romantic ideas - I NEED HELP!!! :) Cute pics/video!!!

colin said...

Hi dawn.there was a couple who have been together for over 50 years and they keep and then send the same card to each other each year.they date it each year.How is that for recycling and a low carbon footprint.found this out as it was in one of our newspapers with a pic. of the two cards in question.luv bruv.

Emmie said...

Looks like she had a couple thoughts about those candies! She looked so cute in her little Valentines accessories! Love it! Hope you had a great VD!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails