24 Feb 2007

Ahhhh, Saturdays

I went to bed last night so happy that today was Saturday and we had nothing important to do. I thought I might take Lily to the beach if the weather was favourable but I hadn't mentioned it to her cos I wanted to take things as they came.

This is how things happened.

Before 8.am Lily is already dressed as a princess and decides that she needs breakfast in her Princess pop-up house. I saw no harm in that and at that time of day I was not going to try to form sentences.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Then after brekky she needed to put on a spinning show, still at some ungodly hour

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Few minutes later and tada.....change of clothes.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


I really wanted to go to the Mall today because I suddenly decided we needed new towels, like NOW! So we shot up to Macys and I got towels and then I saw this for Lily and had to have it. Talk about Bling! She loves it. And it was in a huge sale and I saved $56 off the original price. Didn't pay even close to that for it.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

Back home again for lunch and then I felt bad about spending the morning shopping so we grabbed our stuff and took off to the beach. Photos are below so if you are not happy about seeing beach photos cos you are living in the frozen Tundra, scroll down fast.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


We didn't stay very long at the beach cos it was tooooooo cold! The sun was beautiful but the wind was chilly. So after a couple of hours we were done for and needed hot chocolate (just kidding). So we zoomed home and as I was cleaning up the beach stuff outside and cleaning up duck poop from the new residents Lily was being attacked by a mosquito and by the time I came back inside she had over a dozen bites. Thankfully I have some medicine that a friend gets for me in Hong Kong so they instantly shrunk to a normal size and stopped itching her. After a quick game of find the Mossy we had dinner and a shower and she is now fast asleep and getting ready for another crazy day tomorrow.

Here are the new residents. These were taken yesterday when Schnoog came home from school.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


And last but by no means least here is our Red Thread saying now that it has been framed. I love it. Thank you so much Jeanne.
Before:

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


After: (Non reflective glass shows flashes more than ordinary glass....WHY????)

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


So much for a do nothing kind of day.

13 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

Your red thread saying looks beautiful! What a treasure.

Dannye said...

It sounds like a lovely day, actually. So fun filled, and so much love shared by all, how cool.

Kathy and Joel said...

Your day sounds like so much fun, but exhausting at the same time. The beach photos were terrific and although it is freezing here in Toronto, I won't hold the pictures against you. :)
Your framed red thread print is beautiful.

PIPO said...

What a perfect day.

Sweet duckos and a pretty red thread.

I loved watching Lily play at the beach to the sound of frozen rain hitting my windows ;0)

Mwah!

M and M said...

Sounds like a great (busy)day!

I love all the pictures and video snippets on your blog!

MotherMotherOcean said...

trendy, cute clothes there! Your daughter is beautiful.

Pug Mama said...

sounds like a perfect day.
Love the princess breakfast, too, too, cute.

simply t said...

What a lovely day in south Florida! It's hard to believe that everyone in the world doesn't live down here in our neck of the woods huh?

Cute princess breakfast and clothes!

K. said...

What gorgeous photos!

Kerrie

Nikki said...

OK Dawn, once again you have packed about 5 days worth of activities into 1 day!
Sounds like a blast.
I love Lily's princess set-up!
The beach pics had me drooling, but our day will come (eventually).
What WILL you do today????

elizabeth said...

That black and white photo of Lily is especially lovely! Sounds like a fun day! What kind of ducks are those? I've never seen any quite like that before.

Stephe said...

Lily, you're definately a girl after my own heart! I love the tiara and princess dress!! You look just like a princess!

3D said...

What a great day...and your comment about 8 o'clock cracked me up!

Lovely little miss princess!!!

Keep smilin!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails