23 Feb 2007

Befores and Afters.


Yesterday morning I dropped my happy go lucky little munchkin off at pre-K and when I returned to pick her up I was greeted by Cybil. When we first met Lily we found out very quickly that she had a BIG , actually mammoth, stubborn streak in her. If things didn't go the way she wanted she let everyone know about it. Everyone in our group starting referring affectionately, to the other Lily, as Cybil. Fortunately once we boarded the plane in Hong Kong Cybil disappeared and is only rarely seen. Not the case yesterday. I always take Lily a drink when I pick her up and yesterday the choice I made was not the right one and out of nowhere came Cybil. Dear Lawdy, she was furious and let out this huge meltdown. I choose to ignore her but that didn't help either. It takes all of 4 minutes to get home and once we walked in her dad knew to stay clear. She stayed pretty mad for about 10 minutes, with her arms crossed so tightly across her chest that I was amazed she could even breathe and her lower lip jutting out about 2 feet in front of her. When she saw me going through her books she panicked and thought I was giving them away so she begged me to let her have them. I explained that I wasn't but she was not to have any toys or books until she was being nice again. That was the wrong move too and finally the only thing that budged her grumpy little bum was me threatening to video tape her cranky little face and publish it on the blog. She said, NO, no cranky, mad photos of me on there please. And slowly her little frown turned around. Since everyone always comments on how happy she is all the time I just wanted to let you all know that she is just an average kid with a bigger than an average stubborn streak. Thankfully she doesn't get like this to often and I have been trying to catch her on tape when she is bothered by something but yesterday was not the right time as she was hell-bent and I didn't want her to think I was making fun of her. When Lily re-appeared from the madness we talked about it and she was fine and promises talk about things next time rather than calling Cybil for back up. I begged Jacob to let me go to work for him yesterday but he wasn't buying and he shot out of the house ASAP and was probably ridiculously early to work.

NOTE TO SELF: take the correct juice today!



8 comments:

aimeeg said...

I am willing to bet you LOVE that stubborn streak because it makes her the cheeky little darling that she is:) Cute story (I can think it's cute because I didn't have to be around Cybil, haha).

M and M said...

I am sure there is a little "Cybil" in every child - but nice that it doesn't happen very often with Lily!

I hope you had the right juice today...

Nikki said...

Have I told you lately that we are living parallel lives?
My Lily has always had this "other" person that rears its head from time to time and we really don't recognize her (or care to).
Luckily, she is showing up less and less these days!
It would be so fun if we could ever get these 2 girls together.

Pug Mama said...

I am cracking up so hard over you telling her you were going to put it on the blog, and that stopped cybil. How funny is that!!!
Better have the right juice next time
;0)

Dannye said...

So what was the wrong juice??

Glad the threat of the posting on the blog worked, hey I wonder if that works for other types of behavior too???

Kris said...

First, that last sentence had me laughing so hard! And the whole post was pretty humorous, what with that awful "other" Lily. Kids will be kids,right? She and my nephew seem to have much in common!
Kris

Polar Bear said...

The blog threat is a good one! I am going to have to remember that.

Sure glad to see that 'Cybil' doesn't hang around too long.

Steffie B. said...

Oh, our Miss Pill as we affectionately call her has her moments as well and I fear as she gets older, we just might see more of her feisty personality. Poor Daniel....he doesn't stand a chance! lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails