26 Feb 2007

Chinese New Year Festival w/ working photos!

Yesterday was our local Chinese New Year festival and it was fun. Our local group of adoptive parents was invited as a guest by the chap organising the event. The kiddos were able to meet the Dragon and the acrobats and Lions for a photo and autograph session. Lily started out the day wearing traditional Chinese clothing but as the temperature rose she switched into a dress. It was really hot and we were sitting watching the show for over 2 hours.....which in my opinion was just way to long. We snuck off during part if it and went in search of lunch and an ice cream for one hot kiddo. Lilys favourite part of the day, playing with her friends in the bounce house. My favourite part, bumping in to Katie Starr and her folks. That was such a lovely surprise and I swear that little girl just gets cuter and sweeter by the minute.
Lily and her friends

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Making Music

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


The Dancers

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Squashed Mummy

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Wow this is a big dragon

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


I bet I could do a dragon dance

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

Lily's favourite part of the day

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

12 comments:

Beckyb said...

SO much fun - we loved ours too!!! Yes, Chloe had an outfit to wear and then we got there so late we just skipped it - bummer - now I'll just have to dress her up and get some pics!!

Polar Bear said...

The slide looks like LOTS of fun!!!

I would have to agree a two hour parade is a bit much. I bet it was fun, though.

I can't see the slide show. It just keeps trying to load. FYI.

Dannye said...

I can't see the Rock you show either, it's like it's confused (kinda like me I guess).

How cool that you ran into Katie Starr and her family (aren't they close to adopting again???).

It really sounds like a great time was had by all!!!

M and M said...

Looks like a fun day! I have to actually go to ROCK YOU to watch the show...

Two is definitely too long for a show for kids!

PIPO said...

Me thinks me needs a ride on that slide :0)

Ms. Thang knows how to have herself some fun.

(Can't see your rock you pics though :0(

Steffie B. said...

So glad to hear you had a fun time. You just have a little dare devil that's for sure! ;)

Nikki said...

Looks like fun! (once again)... I don't blame Lily for liking the slide best -- looked like a blast to me too!

And you got to see Katie Starr and family!? How great is that!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

It was great seeing you guys too and of course your adorable Lily. Let's get together again soon.

simply t said...

It looks like fun! My boys really enjoyed our CNY!

amy said...

that sounds like lots of fun and I cant wait to experience a lot of that during our wait

Kris said...

Wow, this looks to be way too much fun! (I live in a small town...nothing this elaborate).
Love the pictures!

Dannye said...

The pictures are fabulous-o, loved the movie too of Lily blowing that thingy, too cool. It looked like loads of fun (now that I can see the pictures).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails