27 Jan 2007

12 months ago

One year ago today we were jumping for joy. Our agency had notified us that we were officially DTC. We jumped up and down, celebrated to the hilt and started our wait. Who knew? So now here we are 12 months later bobbing around in a sea of uncertainty and I have to say it's not so much fun anymore. Yes, we will get our daughter and yes, it will be worth the wait, we know this. We only have to look at Lily and we know everything will be fine but for heavens sake, WHEN?
Even Lily doesn't ask to much about her sister much anymore. She named her Molly but I now think that she thinks Molly is just an imaginary sister because she never tells anyone about her the way she used to. The contractors showed up this week to do some work in the baby's' room and she wasn't even enthused about that and she used to ask us all the time if we could get it ready for her.
At this point in her adoption we had her referral. We hadn't traveled because of SARS but we were ready to go and get that little face in the photo who had stolen our hearts many months prior.
Where do we stand? Who knows. Our agency didn't even mention the wait times in their weekly letter but they keep saying for anyone logging into the system now they estimate the wait to be 18-24 months. So you would think that that must mean that we are getting closer but the rate and amount of referrals each month tells a different story.
The bottom line is this. Our fingerprints have expired. Yes we let them go as I could see no point in spending the money to redo them only to have to apply for a whole I-600a in March. The wonderful lady at our BCIS office told me she thought that was the best plan. There is no way we will travel before June so we are clear on that front. Our homestudy is updated and ready to be re-submitted with our I-600 application and we are just patiently (insert sarcastic laugh here) waiting for the next batch of referrals and then of course Chinese New Year as that always slows things down, (we will be going backwards soon) to see if there is any speed up or something that can offer all of us a glimmer of light at the end of this long tunnel.
I just noticed that according to our little ticker we are also celebrating our 11 month LID. So to all of you who keep asking what is going on and when are we getting our baby all I can say is, when, and only when, she is good and ready!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You said that very well. I have my new approach to dealing with it all too.

Funny, I think we were thinking along the same lines today despite our different situations.

Anonymous said...

Boy, do I ever hear you- toughest wait we'll ever love!!!! Hang in there - like you said, the end is SO worth it!

Anonymous said...

Very well said. I think back to how much excitement there was in buying that first bib, or that first little dress, or any other tiny thing that meant "baby on the way". Now, we are still very excited, but in a much different, much more realistic way. I am now used to the same people who asked at this time last year when we'd go to China, and we said "maybe next summer", and now we are giving the same answer, a year later. So we all wait, and watch our tickers go by....:) For what it's worthy, happy 11.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the excitement of those first milestone of being DTC and LID has worn off. Now we're all just a little road weary!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'ms o sorry! Sounds like you are having a hard time! Just remeber, with God all things are possible. And you always have your little Lily to keep you busy! :)

3D said...

I hear ya! The excitement has worn off and we are feeling a dulled sense of what we used to feel as the wait drags on. I love that you can remind us that the end is worth it by sharing all the wonderfulness of Miss Lily.

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had some words of comfort, but I don't.
The waiting stinks.
(So glad you have your sweet Lily to make the time go by a little more quickly...I enjoy her so much on your blog, I can only imagine how much fun she is IN PERSON!)
Sending you a hug, for what it's worth.

Jeanne said...

I think your particular Red Thread is very tangled right now but probably for a very good reason. That one very special person it is seeking is just not in sight yet. I now believe in The Red Thread as much as you do because Lily proves it.
Love you!

colin said...

long live the red thread,it is so budhaist !! in life.love on ya col.big bruv

Pug Mama said...

feeling just the same
have to re-do everything but waiting also

Anonymous said...

Hang in there.....it all works out in the end.... ;)

Anonymous said...

I hate that your wait and the wait of all of my adoption friends is this long.

All I can offer is this too shall pass.

Anonymous said...

WOW.. congrats on being 12 months in. I hope the rest of the time just flys by for you and we'll all be on our way to "your journey to China" :-)

Anonymous said...

Oops sorry.. I guess I should have read better... Congrats on being 11 months LID!! (and 12 months DTC)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails