25 May 2013

Pass the duct tape

Lily talks a lot. Seriously, from the minute she wakes up until the minute she goes to bed she talks. She has always been this way. I suppose there may have been a brief interlude where she wasn't capable of actually speaking but believe me it was very brief so it may just have slipped my mind.

All day long, yack, yack, yack and it really does drive you bloody mad can get under ones skin. I am so used to it that I can tune it out but every now and again the constant yipping drives even the toughest of us to distraction. Lately, and I do believe it is the excitement of the end of the school year, she has been worse than ever. Today I was driving and in the rear view mirror I saw Rosie and her mouth was opening and closing much like that of a gold fish. Finally she just blurted out, over Lily, "fine I was  was trying to say something but I won't bother because you just won't stop and I can't get a chance!" She looked so deflated.

I interrupted Lily and just told her to stop. Stop talking, I said, just stop it, you don't ever stop talking, Your poor sister never gets a chance because you gobble up all the words. She didn't seem at all offended. I don't think it means a thing to be told to stop, she must hear it all the time. I certainly wasn't trying to offend her but I am sure if someone told me to stop talking I would be shocked but not her. Her personality is loud.

The only time she is ever really really quiet is when she is reading a book or her head is in her ipod. Thank God she loves to read. She even talks whilst she swims.

Pass the duct tape, maybe that will work.

I love this out going loud girl but even when she sleep s she talks. I'll try the duct tape for sure and now that it comes in nice patterns she'll probably be OK with it.

2 comments:

Life frome where we are said...

She's living life to it's fullest!

Vivian M said...

Wow, Kerri is just like Lily! Pass the duct tape when you are finished. ;o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails