23 May 2013

I think I can, I think I can.

I think I can, I think I can. These are words that I have asked Rosie to repeat after me countless times. Words I use to encourage her frequently when she is feeling unsure but today it was me chanting those words like a Tibetan Monk.

My tiny little baby my great big 6yr old, graduated from kindergarten and I had to keep telling myself I could get through it with out crying. As luck would have it it was so unbelievably disorganised that I was more frustrated than upset. I think the people in this part of the world just might be the deafest bunch of arsehats anywhere. The principal set the ground rules, which although odd, made sense to her, and therefore needed to be followed. One of the said rules was, PLEASE STAY IN YOUR SEAT. There will be plenty of opportunities to take photos after the ceremony.

As soon as she started talking parents stood up and blocked everyone behind them. WTH? THe man behind me yelled sit down so loud...but everyone is deaf here. When Rosie crossed the stage to receive her diploma (which turned out to be a blank piece of paper tied with a red ribbon) I missed her because someones fat head was in my way. I had actually walked to the back, to the very last row at this point and was standing against the wall. Parents were everywhere, blocking the aisles, pushing forward, it was chaotic and really really annoying. Next time I attend any function at this school I am wearing some seriously high platform shoes.

After it was all over and done with, the teachers took their respective classes back onto the stage for a class picture. i was holding the teachers phone and she was asking me for it but I couldn't get near enough to her to hand it over. It was mad. I finally pushed through and then couldn't get back far enough to get photos. People, be nice. I really do have to stop being so polite and start acting like an animal.

Alas, all was not lost because due to the pandemonium my eyes stayed dry. woo hoo. I did manage to get some photos of Rosie at the end of the event and they turned out just fine. She had a great time and is now heading off to 1st grade next year.
CannotbelieveIjustsaidthat.

the processional
Oh, you have already graduated...I must have missed.
Giving a "Wildcat" cheer
With her class heading back to the classroom. I am going to miss her teacher a whole lot.
Congratulations to my Kindergarten graduate.
Heaven help me....next week Lily graduates from Elementary school and prepares for Middle school. Xanax......Wine......don't mind if I do.

4 comments:

Life frome where we are said...

"Oh the places you will go"

You must be so proud of her! What a difference in her from the beginning of school.

Catherine said...

What a sweet little graduate your Rosie makes!!

Briana's Mom said...

Just know, I've lived where you live, so I get it. :)

Your sweet graduate is so beautiful and so grown up!

Vivian M said...

Congratulations Rosie!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails