27 May 2013

I'm doing it again

Every once in a great while I get into a furniture staining mood. If you've been around awhile you remember that about 4 years ago I stained every single piece of furniture in the living and dining room. I left one piece because it is fiddley. I can't stand it any longer.

I am going to cheat. I am taking the easy way out and using spray paint. It isn't going to be a complete cop out because I still have to sand it's fiddley little arse but I am not going to use stain. If you also remember back 4 yrs ago I drove my poor Father insane with my constant phone calls because I had so many issues with the stain so this will spare him.

I started a couple of days ago wielding my cans of spray paint and I now feel confident enough to take on a bigger project so as time allows I will be attacking it. Since I don't like mess of any sort and can't deal with anything being out of place it will have to all be done in one day. Oh and did I mention I can't stand waiting for paint to dry. Hah, should be fun.





before I attack it.
When this little project is done I plan on repainting the living room. The green is starting to make me gag. How do people pick a colour and stick with it for years and years? For my birthday I want a Home Depot gift card....

If you like decorating blogs you have to check this one out. Brandi, at Don't Disturb This Groove left a comment the other day and I linked back to her and am now stalking her. I love, her style and the fact that she does everything on a normal budget. She re did her kitchen without actually redoing her kitchen and I love it, absolutely love it.




3 comments:

Brandi said...

Funny and sincerely sweet too! Thank you so much for the shout out, Dawn! I really appreciate your words. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the cabinet.

Vivian M said...

I can't wait to see the finished product and the new paint colors.

Anonymous said...

I am sure this post has touched all the internet viewers, its really really fastidious article on building
up new weblog.

My web-site ... Louis Vuitton Bags

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails