25 Mar 2012

Oh Dear

Do you remember the Love Tree that we made for Valentines day? It came out so nice and I couldn't wait to make the Easter one. I should have waited. It came out looking like vomit! And that's being kind!

We had fun doing it but even as they painted and decorated the wooden eggs things weren't coming together colourwise. Something just wasn't quite right. I wasn't feeling it but I didn't say anything. I thought it was just my OCD and maybe it was cos the kids loved it.

One thing I do love is the seed pod that Lily picked up on our walk to gather the twigs that I suggested she turn into a little sign that says Happy Easter.

Maybe I had really big visions i my head and nothing could have lived up to them.

It's the fun factor that really counts and we had lots of that. Maybe the birthday trees that are sprouting in my mind will work out better. On second thoughts maybe I should squelch them now!

Lily's Happy Easter Sign
Hard at work

oh the concentration

Could be St Pattys day with that colour
Lily's pretty bow
The barf tree



Don't worry, they don't read this unless I want them to see something. By they time they do they'll laugh too.

4 comments:

Life frome where we are said...

You are too funny! You are creating childhood memories with Lily & Rosie which I'm sure they love. I still have a few of those "barfy" creations!

Life frome where we are said...

You are too funny! You are creating childhood memories with Lily & Rosie which I'm sure they love. I still have a few of those "barfy" creations!

Vivian M said...

I actually like it. :o)

Tammie said...

I love your Easter Tree!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails