17 Mar 2012

Like Mother, like child

Whenever we fly out of Heathrow we have a little routine that we stick to like glue. Check-in, clear security, have breakfast, and then finally, hit the shops! I love the shops at Heathrow. The reason we have breakfast there is because we have to get up so early to make it in to London in time for the early morning Trans-Atlantic flights. I just can't bring myself to force the girlies to eat breakfast and 4am.

Yesterdays flight left a little later but the girls still had to be up early so we followed our routine. This routine always includes a souvenir for them and it helps to chase away the blues of saying, "see you later" to my family.

They wanted to shop at, London London, yesterday so we did. They chose police hats for souvenirs. I have no idea what I was thinking as they were so bloody big and really hard to cram, I mean gently place, in their carry-ons.

They just made me and every other passenger in the airport smile as they walked around wearing them. They even wore them onto the plane. They love them.

If this doesn't make you smile you just might be dead
Lily cracked up the whole time she had it on. U.S. immigration didn't find it amusing but htey never find anything amusing.
Look at this face...it kills me
This is the reason why I didn't post them yesterday. I knew somewhere I had a photo of me wearing one when I was little and I needed to post it as well.

6 comments:

Life frome where we are said...

I love em! Dawn you were such a cutie!!!!

Mother of 2 Angels said...

Isn't it the best that we get to raise our kiddies in the USA and they get to go across the pond to blighty too YAY

Anonymous said...

Cor Blimey Dawn...that photo of you is taken at Olney gymkana, I think.....twas lovely to see you all...hopefully jacob next time .glad ur safely home..xxbb

Love Letters To China said...

LOVE the pic of you Dawn! And of course I love the ones of your two sweetie pies. So glad you had such a fabulous time visiting your family. We don't get our spring break until Easter. I can't wait to relax for a week without bothering with waking early and making lunches.

Pam said...

How adorable! Love that you included the picture of you as well! So cute!

Alyson and Ford said...

The girls look so adorable! Great routine, you have so much fun!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails