25 Nov 2011

Black Friday

Every year friends of mine head out in the wee ours of the morning to get a head start on their holiday shopping and each year I say I will do it. I never do. The idea of getting out of bed in the middle of the night to wade my way through throngs of people sends shivers down my spine.

Something caught my eye in the sales ads yesterday and when Jacob finally came home from work at 1.45am I lugged myself into my car and headed out into the night. I don't like the dark. silly I know but it is what it is. I drove to Target and found the car park so crowded that the streets surrounding were turned into a parking lot. I ignored this and headed into the the actual lot and found a parking spot immediately, score! I walked into the store and found a huge line. The line was for electronics. That was of course what I wanted. I waited for just over 4 hours in that line. I met lots of very nice people. The lady in front of me let me use her trolley since there weren't any when I arrived. We all chatted and held each others places whilst we shopped or ran to the loo. The line just didn't move. By 3.30 I was yawning so badly and ready to throw in the towel but I spotted a great deal on a camera that I just knew Jacob would love to buy for me in addition to the other things I wanted to I trudged on.

Jacob kept ringing and texting to make sure I was okay and then a friend who was at a different store rang and we chatted for a bit. I was so concerned that the items I wanted would be sold out by the time I made my way to the front of the line but I was pleasantly surprised to find they still had everything and I saved over $300 and received $80 in Target gift cards. It was worth it. The big gifts are done. I can't tell you what they are cos little eyes read this.

I slept for 2 hours and then it was on with the show. We spent a few fabulous hours at the park with our friends. The weather was perfect. A nip in the air, just enough that I had to borrow Lily's friends sweatshirt!

Some of the girls
Xavi, my go to phone guy showing his disapproval of this photo. How rude.
She called this her stick
Such beautiful girls
Yeah right Kelly, Lily's isn't short, Oh NO!
Love this one
Great ladies and Danielle
How can it only be 5pm...I'm running on fumes. Kelly was my friend who phoned me last night and her hubby is my phone guy, we were punchy today as we were all so tired.

4 comments:

Life frome where we are said...

You crazy lady!!! I do all my shopping on the web!

Andie said...

Proof that you are mad!! As if we needed any!

Alyson and Ford said...

You were so brave! I will shop until I drop on line! Glad you had success!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Jessie said...

You are much braver than I ... I bow to you ;0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails