30 Aug 2011

So now I know what it takes

This has been my morning so far. A little bit crazy, a little bit nuts, and very silly but what the heck it was a day that produced no tears for Rosie.

Beep, beep, beep....that was the wonderful alarm clock telling me that it was 5.50 and time to spring from my slumber. I wanted to smash it with a sledgehammer but instead chose to turn it off and head downstairs. I love my quiet time in the mornings when I am the only one awake, actually it's more of a necessity than a love. As my eyes fought with my brain to stay open I shuffled into the kitchen for a tall glass of ice water, for me that is breakfast and then plonked my cranky self down at the computer to catch up on the worlds happenings. As it does every single week day time flew by at break neck speed and I had to leave my quiet place and head for a shower as it was already 6.30. I don't move very fast in the mornings...EVER.

Just as I finished my shower the door opened and a sleepy Lilipop came to join me. I checked the time and it was 7.00am, time to wake up Rosie. Lily and I crept into her bed with her and slowly woke her up in the kindest gentlest way possible. Once she was all smiles we headed down to the kitchen for breakfast. Now this is where things went nuts. As the girls sat eating their breakfast and I sat drinking another glass of water we started to talk about school. I offered another bribe for Rosie if she wouldn't cry. She told me that Daddy had already promised her something as had Mrs. Katz. Lily decided to throw her hat into the ring and offered her a prize as well. I told her if she kept her eyes dry when she got home today she would get the Mother load of prizes.

Now somewhere around this time Rosie started singing a song, I think it was Mary had a little Lamb, and from their I started making up rap songs about the girls and Lily's Bunny and Rosie's dog Gypsy. We were laughing hysterically. I had no idea I could even string 2 words together at 7.15 am let alone make up not one but many rhyming songs. Things just got funnier and funnier and at one point my poor Lilpop shot cheeri0's clear across the table as a preventative measure against choking caused my laughing with food in her mouth. This is a home where you will always hear lots of laughter but this mornings antics truly raised the crazy bar.

I realised that Rosie was all smiles so as I herded them up the stairs to get washed and dressed I felt as if today could be the day for Rosie to pull it all off. Once everyone was dressed, clean, had their lunches in hand and backpacks at the door we said good bye to Daddio and hit the car running. The tomfoolery continued all the way to school. I parked got the girlies out and we headed into the building. I said goodbye to Lily and then she came running back as I was still carrying her lunch..oopsie. Rosie and I walked into her classroom, I signed her in, she put down her lunch box and backpack and then we said our good byes. We say exactly the same thing every single day and usually by this point Rosie is a blubbering, clinging mess but today she was still smiling and she even commented on it. Mrs.Katz and I usually only make a quick visual exchange and I bolt for the door. Today was no different and I heard her call Rosie over to help her and Rosie skipped off as happy as a clam.

I walked out the room and nearly shouted, hallelujah. We did it, she did it, who knows what part of it all made everything OK but there was not a tear to be seen.

All I know is if this is what it takes to make her day start out OK then I had better start learning some rap lyrics and fast cos I was running out and the noises that I had to make, well let's just say they weren't the best.
By 9.00 am I was at work and felt as if I was finally able to breathe for the first time in over a week.

Yeesh. Crazy day in my house and that was before 8am. Please tell me we don't have to do this every single day. One of my motto's is repetition is key, but surely not this.

4 comments:

4D said...

Great to hear! The things we do to prevent tears and bring on the smiles.

Keep smilin!

Life frome where we are said...

Way to go Rosie! Oh & way to go "Rapperdawn"!

Love Letters To China said...

Yay Rosie, Lily and Mommy! What a wonderful way to start the day.

Briana's Mom said...

Good job Mama!! That is awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails