7 Jul 2011

The happiest place on earth

No, we aren't at D1sney we are at Grandpa's house!
Jacob surprised Lily last night at the airport with a boarding pass for business class. She has been hoping and hoping for ever to fly in business or coach and after her grades and FCAT results for this year it seemed like the perfect opportunity. Rosie is till to young so her and I had to fly cattle class but we survived. Before any of you have a stroke at my husbands generosity you must remember that he works for the airlines.
Rosie decided that sleeping is what other people do on planes and something that she was not going to do. She stayed quiet and still and very content with her T.V. and we wished away the 8 hours together.
The real adventures started once we arrived at the hire car agency. I had booked a small little Peugeot and when we went to pick it up it wasn't there. We trekked back to the counter and were told we had been given something else. OK not worries. I hopped into the driving seat but couldn't see over the dashboard. The seat wouldn't go up anymore so we just decided I would guess where the road was. Driving was already a challenge, no sleep, other side of the road, no idea where we were etc etc so what was driving blind? I pulled out of the space and stalled. Jacob and I started to laugh so much. I repeated this action 3 more times before he decided to drive. He did the same!!! By this time we are verging on hysterical laughter and the girls are in the back seat chanting, I am going to die!. Nice huh.
We made it here in one piece with 2 sleeping kidlets in the back. We leapt out the car and ran into Nannie and Grandpa's house. Everyone is happy, oh so very very happy.
It's chilly, they think it is warm. We took the kids to the park and they were over the moon happy to find that they have added a zip line to the list of outdoor activities. The girls are sleeping, soundly, I might add and I am about to follow suit.
Here are a couple of photos of the kiddies today.
Rosie deciding she is a trapeze artist.
This is what we wait all year for. The girls and their Grandpa.
Bring it home. I used to ride this same horse when I was their age. Here I am reliving my youth.
Rosie seems to like this
Me taxing the zipline
Isn't that boy a bit big for the ride?


More madness tomorrow.

4 comments:

Life frome where we are said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! BTW what zoo.....I'm getting a sense of deja-vu???

Life frome where we are said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammie said...

Glad to know that you've arrived safely! Adventures from across the big lake are such fun to read. Your girls are such smarties.

Vivian M said...

Have a wonderful time!!! Grandpa sure looks happy to have his girls home!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails