13 Jun 2011

Happy birthday to me.

I was on such a fabulous blogging roll. I had posted every single day for 11 days or so but then yesterday nada. I had a very good reason for taking the day off, it was my birthday. I actually forget about it now, well sort of. Lily's birthday is so close to mine that and I get so excited about hers that mine sneaks up and all of sudden BAM, happy birthday to me.
I woke up yesterday morning and thought, woohoo, it's my day. I came down stairs, very quietly as everyone else was asleep and was greeted by a birthday banner and 3 cards. It made me smile that Jacob had done that before he went to bed. He had also placed a book that I wanted on the table, I left everything undisturbed. I sauntered into the kitchen for a drink and found a little birthday banner wrapped around a water glass and then another and another everywhere I turned.
The girls bounded down the stairs and regaled me with happy birthday and when I went out to get the paper Jacob must have come down because when I went in the crazy stuff began. The girls were so gleeful to show me their cards and more than a little excited to tell me who chose my new bracelet and who chose the beads for it. My father and Jeanne also sent me a bead for it which I REALLY love. This is my 3rd bracelet but this one is a bangle so it's different. Lily chose me the yin yang bead. Now I don't have to switch the beads each time I wear them I can keep them all on the different bracelets. Spoiled much?

I have wanted to read this book since it came out.


And also want to read this one

Now I can.
Both need tissues. Lots of tissues.
As if this wasn't enough my hubby bought me shoes. Now the way to a mans heart might be though his stomach but the way to mine is through shoes and diamonds! Lets not forget the diamonds. I got a most gorgeous pair of sandals.

We went out for lunch and out for dinner we spent the evening with a friend and ate the most wonderful cupcakes from here.
My birthday was fabulous. I even got to sit quietly and read my book.
Thank you to all my friends and family who made it the special day that it was.

2 comments:

Life frome where we are said...

Happy Birthday....hope you had a wonderful day!!!

Maci Miller said...

I'm so glad to hear you had such a wonderful day! You deserve it! Happy bday hugs from us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails