10 Jun 2011

Duck rescue

Summer vacations are supposed to be different. The days are meant to be be spent doing things out of the ordinary, right? You will see where this is going in a second.
The girls slept late this morning which didn't really surprise me as they went to bed later than usual and were tired anyway. When they woke up they lounged about playing games and I went outside to wash my car. I made it about 2 steps out of the door and nearly trod on a tiny little duckling. I let out a squeal and yelled for Lily. (I'm brave like that.)
Scary and intimidating isn't he?


She heard my scream, I mean squeal and came to my assistance. As I panicked and basically demanded that she remove it from my general area she oohed and ahhed over it. I told her to go and wake up her Daddy, who had got home from work very late, as he would know what to do. While she did that I kept on squealing as this enormous lost duck kept trying to get close to me. I have know idea how I got so brave, I was after all raised in the countryside of England around every animal imaginable.

Lily came back outside with a towel and ever so gently picked up the baby duck and held him while Jacob found a box to put him in.
Then the 3 of them were going to drive around the neighbourhood looking for a mummy and a family to place it with but just as they were about to leave the property manager appeared and I asked her if she had seen any other tiny babies. She said to hand it over to her and she would head off in her golf cart and find a family for it. Jacob and the girls followed her and returned a few minutes later with an empty box. They found a family and placed it with them and it took to them so they consider it a match and came home. Duck rescue a success!
Happy duckling, happy Mummy! Lily's mummy I mean not the ducks mummy. At this point we are not even sure if we found the right duck.
Summer is off to a grand start.

Thank you for all the comments on yesterday post. I have done acupuncture in the past for my migraines, along with just about everything else. I have had MRI's , CT's, and they show nothing. I am about to try anti- seizure meds again, starting tomorrow. I'll take them every day as a preventative. Some times they work, sometimes they don't. wish me luck. I hate hot weather and I hate taking meds, I really do.

3 comments:

Maci Miller said...

oh what a cute little ducky! Good rescue brave Mamma! :-)

Life frome where we are said...

OH...he's so cute! How could you be scared!

Tammie said...

Oh my! That truly is one vicious looking duck! ;-)

I know what you mean about the migraines. This is my season. Lucky me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails